We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries on the island

5 posts
Save Topic
Groceries on the island

Anyone know the availability of groceries on the island? We are staying for a week and would like to have some of the basics to cook. Thanks

7 replies to this topic
Prosper, Texas
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries on the island

We just got back; stayed at the Hilton on north side. Drove a golf cart all over the north side, saw just a few small grocery stores. Roberts Grocery was recommended to me, and it had the most IMO. Checked out one other but it was extremely hot in there and we didn't stay long. I understand that the "ship" of supplies/groceries, etc. arrives on Thursdays. So on a Tuesday and a Wednesday, the shelves don't have much. We were checking out the groceries on a Wednesday. While I saw cereal, some canned soups, some canned tomatoes, a few canned drinks, rice, some pastries, to name a few items, there was not a lot to offer. Keep in mind I was there on a Wed., so I don't know how much more they might have on a Friday. If I were you and plan on cooking some meals, I would pack a box with the basics. We saw very little meat, and I wasn't for sure what meat I saw, since we were not looking for meals to cook.

Good luck.

Prosper, Texas
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries on the island

I forgot to add that there is a nice Sue and Joy's store at Fisherman's Village and I thought they had quite a bit of food items. This was in the Resorts World area. I saw another Sue and Joy's store south of the resort area, but did not go in.

5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries on the island

Thanks for the info. We really appreciate it.

9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries on the island

We are going in July.. so are there chips and snacks there to buy. We will be going with our kids so thinking about being able to buy snacks there at a grocery store since I know the hotel will be overly priced

5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries on the island

I'll let you know when we get back(6/25) on the snack status

9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Groceries on the island

Thank you!!

Prosper, Texas
Level Contributor
1,736 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Groceries on the island

We bought a couple of small bags of chips at the Hilton, and they were $1.95 each, Cokes were $3 each. I know there were lots of snacks and chips at the Sue & Joy's store. Don't recall many snacks at the grocery stores, but I really wasn't looking. I'm sure they had some.

We bought some canned Cokes at Roberts and they were $1.50 each.

Reply to: Groceries on the island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted