We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

Hello,

I am pre-booking some day trips so that I can pay in advance to avoid taking as much cash to Thailand next week. Can you recommend reputable companies that offer day trips to Phi Phi, 4 islands etc?

I have a quote from KrabiTrek and I can pay a large deposit to secure it via paypal (assuming paypal offers protction if anything goes wrong?!)

I have two children aged 6 and 4 so needs to be reputable company with safety equipment for them (eg life vests)

Thanks!

Ao Nang, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

KrabiTrek is not a tour company, but a booking agent only. They arrange everything for you, inclusive hotel pick up and book you with one of the tour companies, i.e. Aonang Speed Boat or Aonang Orchid Speed Boat or Barracuda to name some.

Assure the tour operator has life vests in kids size. A booking agent will always tell you, yes no problem and in the end the operator has none.

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I understand now! So are Krabi Trek reputable to pay money to in advance of an excursion?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
35 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

Hey - don't do anything related to Mariam Tours - not safe at all and really rude guides.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

We will be in Ao Nang starting this weekend with our 3 young children (ages 7,3 and 1). Because of similar concerns, we decided to bring life vests from home for our children. We purchased inflatable ones before leaving the U.S.. They did not take up too much room in our luggage. We found from reading many forums online that many tour boats and longtail boats in Thailand would be unlikely to have appropriate child-sized life vests.

Orange County...
Level Contributor
253 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

My group and I (30 people) used http://www.andamancampandcruise.com/ for our tours in December and they were great!

6. Re: Reputable day trip companies in Ao Nang area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2017, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Ao Nang
Recent Conversations