We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoga??

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yoga??

Anyone know where we can do some yoga around here? We are staying in el centro but can't seem to find anything other than retreats. Anyone do yoga here? Visiting from LA and loving it!

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoga??

Mazatlan has several excellent Yoga instructors, including one who studied in London for a decade under a very famous teacher.

I'm a little busy right now, but there have been some very detailed threads on Yoga here. Including, some where I posted information about locations and hours (which may or may not need updating). Perhaps someone can help Chris do a search.

Thanks

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoga??

Thanks AquaMaz! I just found one in el centro by walking around! It's called espazio zen. The gentleman said it was new so I will give an update.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
741 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoga??

Chris, walk down to Playa Norte at about 7am. There is a group that does Yoga, not everyday but at least a few times a week. They Yoga on the patio area between the monkey bars/chin-up bars and the swimming club. The swimming club is there daily until about 9am and they can fill you in if its an off day for the Yoga folks.

Edited: 26 April 2013, 14:30
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoga??

OK Chris - Here's the thread I was talking about. I hope it helps.

tripadvisor.com/…38281217

Bella Coola, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoga??

A relatively new and excellent studio opened right on Olas Altas (beach by the Historic Centro). The studio is called Astro Yoga and it is a very good quality studio for Ashtanga yoga. The owner and main instructor also offers some stretch (restorative) classes, mysore sessions and classes for children.

Excellent instruction in Spanish or English and very knowledgeable about yoga. I highly recommend this studio overlooking the beach at Olas Altas. Upstairs above Copa de Leche entrance.

They are on Face Book and have a small yoga shop with essentials and clothing, as well as a tea and smoothie bar! Their FB Site is https://www.facebook.com/ashtangayogamazatlan

Edited: 05 December 2013, 05:58
California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoga??

Thanks for updating this subject Fraser.

7. Re: Yoga??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2014, 13:17
Get answers to your questions about Mazatlan