We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexico City Landmarks

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
42 posts
Mexico City Landmarks

I'm planning a return trip to Mexico City next fall and I would like to take some photos of the famous landmarks from above ground level (El Zócalo, Palacio de Bellas Artes, El Angel.. anything else?).

In the case of Bellas Artes, I guess Torre Latinoamericana would be the obvious place to take photos from... But what about the others? What buildings that offer a good panoramic view of the Zócalo are open to the public? What about a building that affords a good vantage point for El Angel?

Any tips would be appreciated... Thanks!

Casa Lamm Centro de Cultura
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Archivo
Carrillon Guadalupano
Mexico City
Destination Expert
for Mexico City
Level Contributor
2,542 posts
541 reviews
1. Re: Mexico City Landmarks

For Bellas Artes go to the upstairs coffee shop terrace in the Sears store across the street.

The hotels on the Zocalo (Majestic, Holiday Inn Express and Gran Hotel de la Cd de Mexico all have rooftop restuarants with terraces. Majestic is most central.

The Hilton has a 7th floor of something Sunday brunch that is nice and its view is nice of the Alameda and other places.

The St. Regis has a terrace bar off its lobby that is a great view of the Diana.

I hope this helps with some ideas.

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
42 posts
2. Re: Mexico City Landmarks

That's exactly the type of information I was looking for. Thanks a lot!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
460 posts
1 review
3. Re: Mexico City Landmarks

The Monumento Revolucion has been renovated and offers bird's-eye views of the downtwon area (though maybe not the specific sites you mentioned). I enjoyed the vantage point (57 meters up).

Here's a glimpse if you are interested (my own little video :o):

http://youtu.be/PTZqhdBcSso

WQst

4. Re: Mexico City Landmarks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 21:17