We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Mexico City

reno,nevada
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Mexico City

Looking for easiest way to get to OAX. from Mex City? Nearest airport? Time from Mex by bus? Thanks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Mexico City

About 6 hours by bus from the TAPO terminal in Mexico City. Vivaaerobus has cheap flights (Mexico City to Oaxaca airport) but are unreliable.

reno,nevada
Level Contributor
27 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Mexico City

Thank you we have a unlimited travel pass anywhere Interjet flies for the month of Feb. Is there a airport closer than MEX or Toluca? Also want to go to Chiapas. Do you best flight to get closest to it. Thanks again Paul

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,508 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Mexico City

It seems to me that MEX is the closest airport to Oaxaca that is served by Interjet. To get to Chiapas you can get a flight to Tuxtla which is 1-2 hours from San Cristobal I believe. These air passes are new so I would be interested in hearing how it goes for you - try and report back if you have time!

Oaxaca, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Oaxaca
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Mexico City

Tuxtla is less than an hour`s drive from San Cristobal de las Casas. If you happen to stay at Bela`s B & B, she can arrange for a driver to pick you up from the Tuxtla airport and bring you to SCDLC. Perhaps other accommodations offer a similar service, so look into it.

Alvin Starkman - Casa Machaya Oaxaca Bed & Breakfast

5. Re: Traveling from Mexico City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 17:20