We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7-Day Itinerary/PDC or Tulum question

2 posts
Save Topic
7-Day Itinerary/PDC or Tulum question

My boyfriend and I are going on a last minute 7 day trip to Cancun. Neither of us have ever been there and don’t know what to expect. I am the “adventurous-let’s-do-it-all” type, he is on the mellower side of things. I’m trying to figure out where to spend the last 4 days and would appreciate suggestions as neither of us have “must do’s” other than relax at the beach. Here is what I have so far:

Day 1

PM: Arrive. Dinner. Check out Hotel/resort, etc (staying in Zona Hotelera)

Day 2

Resort/beach day. (Staying in Zona Hotelera)

Day 3

Check out. Drive to Valladolid. Visit Cenote Zaci. Check out little town. (Staying in Valladolid)

Day 4

Drive to Chichen Itza. Get tour guide. Lunch. Head to Cenote Ik Bil. Drive to..... (PDC or Tulum)

Day 5, 6, and 7.

Up in the air. We want would like to play it by ear, depending on where we are, and do the following

-more beach time.

-check out “downtowns”

-Visit Tulum ruins

-snorkel

-some outdoor/adventure tour (ie kayak, etc)

Day 8

Check out. Drive to airport.

Any suggestions on where to stay for days 5-8 on order to have things to do available? I understand PDC has more to offer, yet Tulum appears more “authentic”, which I know we would enjoy more. I just don’t want to find myself driving every day.

Thanks in advanced!

1 reply
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 7-Day Itinerary/PDC or Tulum question

Also, would it be time efficient to spend 2 nights at Tulum and 2 nights at PDC? Or just bite the bullet and do 4 nights in one place?

Reply to: 7-Day Itinerary/PDC or Tulum question
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted