We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

Wilmington, Delaware
Level Contributor
64 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

Trying to decide between theses two.... have been to excellence resort in punta cana so we are pretty familiar with the amenities....we enjoy the beach more than the pools so looking to see which one has a better beach... have also been to other Cancun resorts and loved the Crystal clear waters...suggestions?

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4 replies to this topic
Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

We have been to both and Playa Mujeres is the one to go to! We leave in July for our 4th trip there. Everything is just wonderful there. And I think PM has the better beach as well.

Mentioned in this post
Playa Mujeres
Playa Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Calgary
Level Contributor
726 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

I have been to both and we preferred Ex Riv Can, especially because of the beach. It has a very large beach front with lots of palapas and space between them. The preferred beach section is right beside the regular room beach. I also liked all the pool options at ERC.

Neither resorts will have clear, blue water.

Angleton, Texas
Level Contributor
2,469 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

I guess when we visited ERC, there was a lot of seaweed around and we could not get in. All three times at EPM the water was wonderful.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres

Excellence Riviera was magical. The beach was spacious and beautiful but not as nice as the beaches in Cancun hotel zone. Went in June which tends to come with a lot of seaweed, but the hotel staff is amazing cleaning it up at 6am in the morning every day. You can’t go wrong choosing Excellence resorts. Both places are amazing. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reply to: Excellence Cancun or excellence playa mujeres
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;