We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best AIs for Infants

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Best AIs for Infants

Hi, everyone!

We’re planning a trip to either Cancun or Riviera Maya with our two children. They will be ages five and one at the time of travel. In the past, my husband and I have primarily stayed at adults only all-inclusives, so we’re not as familiar with which resorts have the best kids’ programs. We absolutely love the Secret brand and had planned on taking the kids to Dreams Tulum, since Dreams and Secrets have the same parent company, but we just learned that their kids’ club doesn’t take kinds under the age of three.

Can anyone recommend an all-inclusive resort in either Cancun or elsewhere on the Yucatán peninsula that has a kids club that accepts children as young as one?

Thank you!!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
5 replies to this topic
Minneapolis, MN
Level Contributor
94 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best AIs for Infants

It was my understanding that none of them allow kids under three years of age in the kids clubs. There are some that offer actual babysitting services, but they typically charge $15-$20 USD per hour for each child and I do not know what kind of screening is done on the “babysitters”.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Puerto Aventuras, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best AIs for Infants

There are some resorts that have baby clubs. Some of these start at 1 and done 18 months. I am not sure if you will find one that will take both children in the same club.

Check out the Paradisus La Esmeralda. They have lots for kids of all ages. One area is for ages 1-4. My daughter stayed on the adult side and they went on the family side for some meals etc and said it was beautiful with lots for kids.

There are a few others that have baby clubs. Some wouldn’t be nearly as nice as Secrets such as Crown Paradise. It’s closer to a 3 star.

Mentioned in this post
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del...
8,531 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best AIs for Infants

The Azul resorts are very baby friendly. I do think you need to stay with your one year old in the kids club. They cater really well to children.

Also check out the Pallidium resorts. I think there are four of them together so a very large complex. It looks like they have clubs starting at one.

Mentioned in this post
The Fives Azul Beach Resort Playa Del Carmen
The Fives Azul Beach...
8,713 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Fort Worth, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
6,711 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best AIs for Infants

Beach Palace or Hyatt Ziva

Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
6,103 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
6,590 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best AIs for Infants

cancunone....I agree Beach Palace is a great spot. We have stayed there and enjoyed our stay. But I don't think they have a kids club (baby club) for the one year old. think it starts at age 4. I think that is the same for the Hyatt Ziva as well. Otherwise they would be great child friendly spots.

Mentioned in this post
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
Hyatt Ziva Cancun
6,103 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Reply to: Best AIs for Infants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted