We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yucatan - weather in late October

Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
Yucatan - weather in late October

Hi there,

I know there's been a lot of questions about the weather in Mexico, but I find different answers everywhere. I plan to travel to Cancun on 18 of October, then rent a car and go to road trip on Yucatan until 2 of November.

It's been said it is rain season in October but only quick showers (I went last year to Dominican Republic on exactly the same "shower period" but it rained almost every day and all day) :) That's why I don't want to go tru the same again :)

Can anyone really tell me what to expect?

Is there hot enough to go swimming and is it good weather to explore or it can happen that It will rain all my holiday? :)

Thank you for honest answers! :)

3 replies to this topic
Poughkeepsie, New...
Level Contributor
546 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yucatan - weather in late October

I have been there twice in late October. The ocean is warm enough to swim. The reason your answers are all over the place is because the weather varies. One year I stayed 12 days no rain Next year rained four days in a row

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
992 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yucatan - weather in late October

I was there October 30th for 4 days and the weather was beautiful and you could go swimming. That was 2 years ago.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
45,102 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yucatan - weather in late October

Weather is very unpredictable these days

What one person's experience was last year or the past few may not mean anything

On the average, October is drier than August-September

Pay attention to the Hurricane weather sites , not the regular weather reporting sites

Reply to: Yucatan - weather in late October
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted