We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a COVID test in Cancun

10 posts
Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

Hi All

I am looking at travelling to Mexico later this month. In order to travel back to Turks & Caicos I need to upload a negative PCR test before flying back. This needs to be from an accredited lab and also the test result/certificate needs to be in English.

Does anyone know . I have seen a few labs listed on Google but can't seem to find a list of which places are accredited etc. It may also be tricky to get my results in English but if anyone has any ideas/info on this I would be very grateful.

Thanks in advance

409 replies to this topic
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
49 reviews
71 helpful votes
1. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

This is a great question. I am watching to see where to get tested should I need to on my trip in October

10 posts
2. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

Just bumping this in case anyone has any info? Thanks

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
9 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

You can go to one of the Chopo Labs in Cancun.

There are several located in different parts of downtown and I believe there's one in the Hotel Zone. But I'm not 100% sure on that one.

Just google Chopo Cancun and the locations will come up.

5 posts
1 review
4. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

Has there been any success in getting a test? I will be in Cancun next week and need a COVID test with 72 hours to enter Costa Rica. Mine can be in Spanish.

Edited: 26 September 2020, 00:58
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
539 posts
55 reviews
32 helpful votes
5. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

I ordered one online before my scheduled trip to St. Thomas as they required a negative test within 5 days of landing. I sent it in via UPS Thurday and I had them by EOD Saturday, via email. My insurance approved the repayment since it was a FDA approved test. we ordered through letsgetchecked.com.

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
9 reviews
15 helpful votes
6. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

Amy,

My boyfriend and I went to Chopo on Wednesday of this week. We had friends visiting and when they returned home they both tested positive so we figured we'd better get tested since we spent 3 weeks with them.

We did not have an appointment. We just showed up at 9:00am. They tested us and emailed us the results. Thankfully, we were both negative.

We didn't go to the one in the hotel zone as we live downtown but I can't imagine the experience will be any different.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
539 posts
55 reviews
32 helpful votes
7. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

ohhh so you can actually get a test down there? That's awesome!

Sorry for your friends. Glad to hear about y'all. How'd the procedure go?

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,871 posts
9 reviews
15 helpful votes
8. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

It was very quick.

We were in the waiting area about 10 minutes and that was about 7 minutes longer than the actual test. Just a quick swab of our cheek and we were done.

No issues, no problems.

Edited: 26 September 2020, 05:03
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
139 posts
27 reviews
40 helpful votes
9. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

Sure wish it was that easy in the states. But, great to know for people who need negative results to get back into their country like Costa Rica. Great info Joan

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
22 reviews
25 helpful votes
10. Re: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Save

lchopo aboratory with many branches

https://promociones.chopo.com.mx/quintana-roo/arco-norte/check-up/paquete-seguimiento-covid-19-basico/

Paquete Seguimiento Covid-19 Básico

Precio regular $1,209 pesos

Precio especial en linea $968 pesos

Edited: 26 September 2020, 07:31
Reply to: Getting a COVID test in Cancun
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Singapore
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.