We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????

Vancouver...
6 posts
HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers

I am looking to book an All Inclusive in Cancun for Feb 2021 and am looking for something family friendly that has something for everyone. We have 3 families with one younger one (age 8) and 4 teenagers ranging from 13-17. Teenagers get bored easy so want something for them, but without compromising good quality food and beaches. We have visited Moon Palace with the family and although the amenities were ok, the food was not up to par.....and the wait was horrendous!!! We frequent the Excellence Playa Mujeres and LOVE the upscale amenities, size, and all it has to offer, but it is adults only and their family friendly property next door just doesn't have enough amenities for the kids. We like the smaller resorts, but realize we will have to go bigger for the amenities. I do want somewhere that I fee safe letting the kids wander on their own.

I have read mixed reviews on Iberostar Paraiso Maya and Royalton Riviera Cancun (Diamond), although these seem to have plenty for the kids to do. Can anyone pipe in on their opinions and experience? Or maybe give me some more options for Cancun All Inclusives?

Must Haves -

Fantastic food w/ reservations available (steak, seafood....etc)

Clean white sand beaches

Activities for teenagers (arcade, free activities like hobie cats, paddle board, snorkeling...etc)

Night entertainment

Great pools

Good Booze & bars

24hr room service

Thanks for your help!!!

31 replies to this topic
Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
14,866 posts
66 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Grand Palladium Costa Mujeres. Also has a Family Select area with additional amenities

Westlock, Canada
Level Contributor
4,959 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
2. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

I would try the Grand at Moon Palace (if you don't mind the beach there) or the Hard Rock. Lots for teens at eithr property.

Vancouver...
6 posts
3. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Thank-you for the suggestions. We have done Moon Palace before, but did not care for the restaurants and HATED the wait. We ended up eating at the buffet all the time.

As for the Hard Rock....a family in our group has already been there and weren't impressed with the food either. :(

Va
Level Contributor
14,813 posts
16 reviews
33 helpful votes
4. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Iberostar with teens is a good choice if you plan on letting them roam. There are lots of activities all contained in a very large resort. If you stay at the Maya, the restaurants are much better than the other resorts and you can have access to the entire area except the adults only section.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
285 posts
114 reviews
226 helpful votes
5. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

My kids favorite thus far have been the El Cid Riviera. Great pools, great entertainment team, water activities and snorkel trips leaving directly from the resort. 24-hour room service. Many specialty restaurants, but with reservations (book "platinum" for better reservations). Food and drinks were great. No water park, but a great pool with a "cliff" jump. Beach can be rocky because it is near a reef. We usually do not go to 5-star resorts, so not "ultra" luxury, but food, entertainment, etc. was just as good for us. It is a walkable resort (we do not like the "mega" resorts). We are trying the Royalton Riviera next year also (but no paddle boards, etc that I saw, and the water park more for little kids). Also looking at the new Planet Hollywood in Playa Mujeres, but probably waiting until later next year (opening thie December, but not sure/waiting for the water park, lazy river, etc. to be built). Good luck!

Vancouver...
6 posts
6. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Thankyou for the feedback. Are the rooms as outdated as some of the pics suggest?

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
662 posts
22 reviews
86 helpful votes
7. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Would Hotel Xcaret be in your budget? The resort and rooms are gorgeous, food is excellent, and the kids would love all the unlimited Parks and excursions (ziplines, river and underground cave swims, cenote rappelling, etc).

Vancouver...
6 posts
8. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

I did take a look at that. Unfortunately a bit spendy for this year, but I think it will make the list for 2022. 😊

Lakewood, Colorado
Level Contributor
16 posts
9. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Dreams Playa Mujeres Golf & Spa came highly recommended for teenagers. We cancelled our Nov. trip & are now looking at March. We will have 4 teenage grandkids in our group. Have you made any decisions?

Hubertus, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
208 posts
57 reviews
84 helpful votes
10. Re: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Save

Yes. It sounds expensive, but if you go to the parks, keep in mind that they charge up to $200 pp to get in for the day

Reply to: HELP!!!!! Best Cancun All Inclusives for teenagers?????
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.