We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW

Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal, Mahahual
Level Contributor
21,435 posts
Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

For the week beginning Monday September 27, the epidemiological risk colour code for the entire state of Quintana Roo remains YELLOW (moderate risk).

According to the guidelines, Yellow means 60% maximum allowed capacity at hotels, restaurants, theme parks, beaches, public parks & cinemas.

As of 15 December 2020, a decree makes the wearing of masks in all public spaces mandatory in the entire state.

Guidelines & restrictions...

https://reactivemosq.roo.gob.mx/semaforo-de-riesgo-epidemiologico-del-27-de-septiembre-al-3-de-octubre/

Graphs in this media report...

https://www-poresto-net.translate.goog/quintana-roo/2021/9/23/quintana-roo-semaforo-epidemiologico-se-mantiene-otra-semana-en-color-amarillo-285666.html?_x_tr_sl=es&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=es-419&_x_tr_pto=nui,elem

8 replies to this topic
Nebraska
Level Contributor
587 posts
107 reviews
91 helpful votes
1. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

Thanks Mr. B...

BP

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
50 reviews
78 helpful votes
2. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

Great news!!!! I’m glad it’s stayed yellow instead of going backwards.

Are any of the bars or hotel bars staying open past 11:00 pm?

California
Level Contributor
1,644 posts
67 reviews
274 helpful votes
3. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

I canceled over Labor Day and went somewhere else because of mask rules. I don’t mind wearing a mask indoors until you get to your room or dining table, but won’t wear one outside, especially in the heat. What’s the latest deal on masks, please?

Edited: 24 September 2021, 20:42
Yucatan Peninsula...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula, Chetumal, Mahahual
Level Contributor
21,435 posts
4. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

>> "What’s the latest deal on masks, please?"

The mask law is still in effect, but many people don't masks while on the streets, and while I've seen a few media reports about the law being enforced, I haven't witnessed any enforcement.

When entering buildings, the law is enforced.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
50 reviews
78 helpful votes
5. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

Vacation Dude, I totally understand what your talking about. We have been 3 times during Covid. I can only tell you from personal experience. We asked Cancun Marriott about the mask policy and we only needed it Inside. We did not need it outside. When at PDC off 5th Ave about a third of the people had them on outside. We didn’t have ours on and passed several police and no one said a word. I didn’t realize until we got back there was a law to wear them outside. I don’t think anyone else knew it either. Obviously, they aren’t cracking down on it for tourists.

The mask was never an issue because you only wear it a brief time until you get to where your going inside.

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
11 reviews
21 helpful votes
6. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

"Are any of the bars or hotel bars staying open past 11:00 pm?"

Party,

They can stay open until 1 am now.

Hotel bar hours vary by hotel.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
50 reviews
78 helpful votes
7. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

Joan that’s excellent news!!! I’m just praying you guys keep going forward and getting better numbers!!!

Cancun, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cancun, Isla Mujeres
Level Contributor
10,342 posts
11 reviews
21 helpful votes
8. Re: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Save

Me too, Partygirl.

Reply to: Colour Code Sept. 27 to Oct. 3: YELLOW
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.