We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best day of wekk to fly to Cancun

Cloverdale...
Level Contributor
53 posts
best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

Are there any days of the week that are cheaper to fly to Cancun from SFO or Oakland ?

Thanks

Hersh

somewhere
Level Contributor
3,075 posts
7 reviews
17 helpful votes
1. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

Try midweek pricing. Weekends are usually going to be higher with people wanting to travel those days because of kids, work schedules, etc. Tuesdays and Thursday are coming to mind as the "cheapest" days to fly. But then again, cheap is relative. LOL

TX1
Southlake, Texas
Level Contributor
4,708 posts
15 reviews
46 helpful votes
2. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

I agree w/Meg - if you don't have restrictions as to when to travel - I've found better seating and prices traveling mid-week.

TX1

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
91,546 posts
196 reviews
166 helpful votes
3. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

Use www.kayak.com to get a calendar with cheapest fare for every day of the month. Enter SFO to CUN and click Flexible Dates. Kayak doesn't use all the airlines, but it can give you a good overview.

St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
4,891 posts
31 reviews
104 helpful votes
4. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

I find that Tuesday is the cheapest....usually.

Nome, Alaska
Level Contributor
137 posts
5. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

I got oasis cancun for 1156$ tx in. for a monday departure feb 23rd, that same deal applied for the tuesday as well but for every other day the price was 1415$ and higher, so i guess if ure looking for a deal weekends arent the best bet.

PA
Level Contributor
1,141 posts
11 reviews
17 helpful votes
6. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

We play around with the dates before we book. It was actually cheaper for us to stay an extra day this last time then to fly home the Monday after Thanksgiving. But, we usually fly in and out on Tuesdays or Wednesdays.

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
5 reviews
52 helpful votes
7. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

Tue, Wed, Thu will get you $150 each way form SFO.

Idaho
Level Contributor
1,231 posts
11 reviews
62 helpful votes
8. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun
Save

I would take a look at weekend flights as well as during the week to determine which flight was "best". We fly out of Salt Lake City and the only direct flights are on weekends. The flights during the week are $40-$60 cheaper but you change planes in either Dallas/Ft Worth or Atlanta depending on the airline. This turns a four and a half hour trip to a 9-10 hour trip. Not worth the savings to me.

9. Re: best day of wekk to fly to Cancun

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 18:17
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.