We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?

brighton, united...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

hi all, we're flying out to cancun on the 25th june for two weeks using thomson. when we booked the holiday we were quite impressed with what thomson economy were offering so didn't really think about upgrading. thomson have recently contacted us though offering us a discounted upgrade, i was just wondering has anyone used the premium class and did they think it worth it?

Glasgow, Scotland...
Level Contributor
611 posts
20 reviews
29 helpful votes
1. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

Hi ppdn

Never flew premium upgrade however have passed through the cabin twice before and it certainly aint worth the £199 upgrade - Save your money for when you are in Cancun.

Stevie

Ingham, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
24 reviews
25 helpful votes
2. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

Hi

We usually fly First Choice / Thomson, and have not upgraded until we went last year.

Although the seats are not much wider, the leg room is better. You do not have to pay to upgrade your TV, the seats are much comfier, you get a better service,as there are less passengers per flight attendant and Loo! You are also given a menu to choose what you would like to eat, have proper cutlery, and also get snacks, ice cream and drinks free.

You also have seperate check in desks, and your luggage is classed as priority, so it comes off first. Which is great when you get home, but unless you book a private transfer in Cancun, you just end up sat on the bus waiting for everyone anyway.

I realise all these small things so not cost anywhere near what you pay to upgrade, but in our opinion, it is worth it, however we will book a private transfer to our hotel this time.

It all depends on what YOU feel is important ands your personal preference.

One word of advice, they say that by upgrading you will sit together, however this is not strictly true. Many airlines class together, as either side of the aisle and one in front of each other, not side by side, so worth asking about if you do decide to upgrade.

I hope this helps and that you gave a wonderfull holiday!

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
3. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

I hope so too i am upgrading to premium net month!!!

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
46 reviews
65 helpful votes
4. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

hi ppdn we have been to cancun/riviera maya 3 times and will return may 15 this year and have upgraded all times it is worth it for the extra leg room and dedicated check in and better in flight service and 30kgs luggage allowance in the uk and in mexico and your bags off the plane priority its the only way to go long haul and well worth the money and you drinks are included

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
5. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

Hi Bigmart ive just seen on here snacks are free on premium is that right?

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
46 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

yes and ice cream to watch the movie and snacks just before you and a pamper pack to freshen up before you land in mexico noise reduction head set more movie choices and on the way home a differnt pamper pack with flight socks mints eye black out and as for sitting together it depends how many in your party because its normally only my wife and myself we have always sat together as i said if you can afford it its the way to travel

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
7. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

woohoo!! just me and my hubby too.Big Mart i understand also u get a choice of meals too?

Halesowen, United...
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
46 reviews
65 helpful votes
8. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

yes its just a bit more special than standard class and thats what you pay for did i mention the air filled leather seats being 6ft tall makes a huge difference

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
121 posts
1 review
9. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

Thats good my hubby is that tall too

stirling,scotland
Level Contributor
367 posts
10 reviews
17 helpful votes
10. Re: thomson premium class, is it worth upgrading?
Save

whoohoo! that all sounds great! i upgraded to premium for £140 each! i was discounted day we booked! back up to £210! i cant wait! my husband 6ft 4inches so he be happy!xxxxx

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.