We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cancun Roulette 5 or 4

Charlottetown PE
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
23 helpful votes
Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

Hi Just wondering if anyone has stayed at this resort and what it is like.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

Hi Kellyaaa,

I see you are looking for the same thing as me! I can't seem to find this hotel in TA. I wonder if it has recently changed names or what?

LandofAnne.

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
807 posts
1 review
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

I can't find details on this one anywhere. Can anyone provide information on the correct name?

3. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 21:22
Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

so I just called sunquest vacations, as I too am wondering what this hotel is. Here is what I was told:

"it is like playing the game roulette" You pick a cancun roulette 5 - means that you will pay for a 5* resort. They key is that you don't know what hotel you are staying at until you arrive to cancun.

I guess since you are paying for a 5* you should be able to assume that it should be a nice hotel... but you'll have to keep guessing until you actually get there. The same goes with roulette 4 and 3.

Happy Hotel Gambling!

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
5. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

so I just called sunquest vacations, as I too am wondering what this hotel is. Here is what I was told:

"it is like playing the game roulette" You pick a cancun roulette 5 - means that you will pay for a 5* resort. They key is that you don't know what hotel you are staying at until you arrive to cancun.

I guess since you are paying for a 5* you should be able to assume that it should be a nice hotel... but you'll have to keep guessing until you actually get there. The same goes with roulette 4 and 3.

Happy Hotel Gambling!

Charlottetown PE
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
23 helpful votes
6. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

Hi Kitchener

Thanks so much for the info.

Kitchener, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
7. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

Np.

Just wanted to follow up. After hrs of reseach on this. Checking every hotel in Cancun that is rated as a 5* on sunquests website. I also called sunquest as well as ITravel2000 which I decided to book though.

I have booked the trip. Overall it sounds like a great deal, I am departing Feb 5th and didn't think that I am going to find a 5* deal much cheaper than this. All the 5* hotels in Cancun are very acceptable and quite a few come with included golf which is exciting... hoping my odds are good and we get one of those.

I have looked for people reviewing this trip, but this offer only started in Jan for sunquest, so not many people have actually taken the trip yet. I will be sure to post when I get back.

If you are looking to book, and are close to a decision today would be a good day to book as today is the last day of sunquest's no fuel charge. After today all their taxes will go up by $90 per person, so it was nice to save that extra $180.

Best wishes in travel!

Charlottetown PE
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
23 helpful votes
8. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

Thanks again and enjoy your trip. We haven't decided on a date yet but with the no fuel charge ending tonight that decision will likely be made today.

Happy Travels to you.

mjd
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

we just got back from the Cancun Roulette 5 star... went to the RIU cancun...

its a fairly nice resort... but Cancun isnt for me.. i prefer Mayan... or Cruising next time... anyway...

If you book and redownload your PDF etickets form the Sunquest website a few days before your trip they sometimes put the name of your hotel in the updated docs...

that way you know a few days before you go...

Halifax Nova Scotia
1 post
1 review
3 helpful votes
10. Re: Cancun Roulette 5 or 4
Save

•Book a Sunquest All-Inclusive Roulette package holiday to any of our Roulette destinations and save. If you book a 5-star Roulette package, you''ll be staying at a 5 or 5+ star resort. If you book a 4-star Roulette package and your hotel will be 4 or 4+ star. When you arrive at your destination, the hotel that you''ll be staying at will be revealed, and you''ll be taken there. Sunquest Roulette packages are available in Cancun, RivieraMaya, Punta Cana & Puerto Plata on select January & February departures. HERE''S HOW IT WORKS * Choose your destination * Choose your star rating * Leave the rest to us * You''ll be accommodated in your chosen star rating or above * You''ll be told where you''re staying when you arrive in the destination See the Sunquest brochure or visit sunquest.ca for full list of hotels

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.