We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy vacation ideas?

Which Cancun hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomington...
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy vacation ideas?

So if we get a rainy week what should we do for activities and adventures? Going jan 22nd for the week and our ponchos are packed.

New Mexico
Level Contributor
566 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

I suggest you jump in the puddles, hold hands, and dance in the rain.

And then take a nap, watch a movie, watch the rain. Go to the lobby and meet new friends. Go to the gym, saok in a hot tub, and then hit the steam rooms. Get a massage.

Put on your rain gear, and go to the ruins. Get in the ocean, you are wet anyway :)

I have been on many vacations, and a few have been rained on. Only one, was a total wash out. I complained, and whined to anyone who would listen.

Then my sweet husband said, "stop complaining or no one is going to want to be around you. Look around, everyone else is still having fun."

Bless his heart, he changed my whole outlook.

West Springfield...
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

rucruizin said it perfectly!! IMHO tours/excursions are almost better in the rain due to the fact that it is cooler...

and once you are in the pool or hot tub, your wet already!!

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

Take a deck of cards maybe... go to the lobby and start up a game...anything from Go Fish to Texas Hold Em. Make it a drinking game if you choose. Take your book to the lobby too. Find a couch and a glass of your favorite.

minnesota
Level Contributor
720 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

TropixTraveler: What resort are you going to?

maine
Level Contributor
353 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

Everytime we have been to cancun it has only rained for about an hour or so. That is until last year! We had scheduled an afternoon tour the day before we were to go home. We did the extreme canopy tour at selvatica, zip lining and cenote swimming. When we left the resort around 9am there was just a threat of a rain storm, but it didn't start raining until we were high up on the zip lines and it never let up all afternoon.. Well we all figured if we were going to do an extreme adventure we might as well take it to the extreme! (and do it in a rain storm) all I can say is WOW we all were very soaked but atleast it was warm and we still had the time of our lives! The only thing that sucked was the rain never stopped till the next morning right before we departed for the airport so all our clothes and sneakers were still soaked! makes for extra weight in the suitcases :( The resort had lots of inside activities planned that evening when we returned from our tour. Remember to keep telling yourself you're in the carribean! And Have Fun!

Kansas City...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

All Inclusives are your best friend on a rainy day, if you just hang out at the Resort....Great way to meet new people, you have something in common to talk about and agree on...The bad Weather...

Cancun
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

Go to the movies, if it rains. There is a movie theater in Plaza La Isla, but the swanky CineVIP, in Plaza Las Americas (in downtown Cancun) is, by far, the nicest theater in town. Each seat is a recliner and they have a full bar as well as sushi and other non-traditional movie theater snacks. They also have waiters/waitresses inside the theater until the movie begins. And, the best part...it's only around $110 Pesos, per person (less than $10 US).

KANSAS
Level Contributor
998 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

GREAT idea Cancun Susan!

Bloomington...
Level Contributor
98 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

Great thoughts...keep them coming!

We will be staying at the RIU Caribe for 1 week.

I'm not too worried as we are very easy going. Truth be told we love lounging in the sun poolside and enjoying frozen beverages while playing with our 5 year old daughter...but we are always flexible!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
998 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainy vacation ideas?

The rain is warm, the pools are heated and the pool bar is under a palapa. In all the Palace resorts there are always some games and entertainment.

Don't worry, be Happy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU