We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?

Twyford, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
13 helpful votes
Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

Hi there,

A question for plane geeks! We are flying from Lodon Gatwick to Cancun on TOM022 July 31st and are interested in what plane we will be flying on. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Julia

1. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

This use to be easy to answer however now first choice and Thomson have merged so they use the Thomson and first choice long haul aircraft. Could be boeing or Airbus.

what terminal North or South? It depends what flight is coming in to what goes out. I'll take a look and let you know more. Sorry I'm being vague.

Edited: 10 years ago
Twyford, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
13 helpful votes
2. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

Thanks for looking, it is north terminal, my hubby is hoping for a 777....

Julia

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
3. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

Not sure you'll get a 777.

I've flown with Thomson/First Choice to Cancun many times and always had an Airbus A330 or Boeing 767.

Hopefully the Dream Liners will be available next time :)

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
34,561 posts
2 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

According to flightstats.com, tomorrow it is a Boeing 767 arriving into Terminal 1.

wales
Level Contributor
103 posts
1 review
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

I've flown 3 times with Thomson to Cancun all times it has been a Boeing 767.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
28 reviews
108 helpful votes
6. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

when are the dreamliners being used? will that be an extra cost for passengers and will the dreamliners be used regularly on all long haul routes ?

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
7. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

Dreamliners are scheduled for delivery to Thomson in 2012.

So I'd expect them to be in service for next summer season, unless there are further delays.

The prices for 2012 long haul look similar to this year, it maybe that they have a few different classes of travel which they will hike prices on.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

You should be on a Boeing 767-300ER unless anything changes and a replacement aircraft is used from another operator.

Dreamliners should be June 2012 but you'll probably see them on the high density short haul routes for next summer (if they arrive!) for familiarisation, marketing and to iron out any service bugs or a/c issues. I'd expect that Winter 2012/2013 is the one to watch for the 787 on long haul... maybe some new routes eventually but even i'd say that Summer 13 and Winter 13/14 are the more likely times for new routes with the 787 - but then again, who knows!! ;-)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
28 reviews
108 helpful votes
9. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

thanks both, does this mean flights times will be less if on a dreamliner?

A4K
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
10. Re: Which Aircraft do Thomson use to Cancun?
Save

Air speed on the 787 dreamliner will not be much better compared to current aircraft. I think Boeing has the 787 cruising at around 560MPH which is about what a 777 can do these days.

The 787 is much lighter and will have an amazing range for a plane its size, but not going to be any faster than what is currently out there.

© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.