We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Topic
Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Zeeka has a 1st anniversary thread going.

I toast you all!

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Dangers

I was researching something else and I came across this post. This brought tears my eyes because, indeed, I stayed up all night trying to find out information for people desperately trying to find out what was going on with their loved ones. Thanks.

Yes, stormcarib is an amazing website too and deserves a lot of recognition.

Calhoun, Georgia
Level Contributor
6,015 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Excuse me, I should have included you Danger too. I have an idea you aren't a local expert for the same reason I'm not. Anyway, Cancun is very fortunate to have you.

Best Regards,

La Reina Rubia

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Reina..... Just know that I didn't leave your name off the list. We talked a lot that weekend! I just didn't put all the names on the list. Some folks want to check in & some would rather check out of the whole experience forever. Understandable, either way.

Always good to see you, anyway!

Angela

Mira Loma...
Level Contributor
574 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Hellooooooo.

I was sitting here paying my bills and was bored, so I clicked on "my favorites" and saw this site so what the heck. I then saw a post from AQ so I opened it and saw "quadmom"...wow that was freaky, thanks for remembering me.

I can't believe it has been a year since the horrible times Cancun had to go through. Everyone came together as if we were all best friends and put our prayers and hopes out there for the people of Cancun as well as the visitors from all over the world. I am so proud of Cancun for bouncing back and making the best of such a horrible situation. I promise someday I will get back there to check out their hard work.

Nice to see that some of you are still on here remembering those days and still supporting the Yucatan.

Cheers...here to everyone who was there to support those times.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
In a Little Cafe...
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
10,878 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Reinaruba~ thanks so much for the kind words amiga and yes, indeed, it was folks like yourself that provided continuing support and solid information during and after the crisis. ;-)

Long Island
Level Contributor
542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

Bump for Reinaruba.

Oops that was another thread!! I saw your name and just hit Bump!!

How many times did I bump that thread over those few days until it became a stickey?? I still dont think people read it before they ask a question.

As far as Canucn is concerned I am glad our family stuck with our plans to return in April. We had a wonderful time as always and will be returning agian in April 07

Viva Cancun!

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Colima, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,311 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

I just happened to notice this thread, I guess I am still around..

Good to see some familiar faces.

Alex #;-)

18. Re: Anybody around from the Yucatan Spirit Cafe & Wilma Weekend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 18:25
;