We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Yes - I realize that these are two completely different types of restaurants! ;o) We are planning a pre-wedding dinner and are trying to narrow it down. I really wanted the Mexican feel and mariachi band Hacienda Sisal offers, however I haven't eaten there.

I really enjoyed Puerto Madero and the outdoor seating, though it is more expensive. Anyway... Any thoughts/opinions would be much-appreciated. I'm so glad that I can ask about these types of things here. I'm quite indecisive, yet I've found this board very helpful! :o)

Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

While Puerto Madero is fantastic, for a large group event I would go with the more economical (and Mexican themed) Hacienda Sisal. They are very good at accomodating large groups, there is even a seperate dining area that can be closed off for you if you reserve ahead. Contact publicrelations at royalresorts dot com for information.

It's just MHO of course! I like the food there, have never had a bad meal or service. I think it would be a good option for a group (and save you a bit of money as well, PM is VERY expensive).

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

hi seawatergirl,

surely you have answered your own question

you want an aurthentic mecican night with mariachi then it has to be sisal

hope the weding goes brilliantly for you both.

where are you staying

barry and mary

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

But if only it were that simple! ;o) Oh the pressure from my dad and lovely twin sister who have much more expensive tastes and budgets!! Fortunately, they're helping out, but ultimately it is my/our decision. Thanks for reminding me of that! I just wanted to get some more feedback on the food at Hacienda Sisal since we didn't have a chance to eat there... We're staying at the Royal Mayan for the first part of our trip, then at the FA Condesa Cancun. Thanks!!

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Thank you as well CancunCanuck! Anyone else? Pros/cons??

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

What sized party are you looking to entertain?

I've been to both and enjoy the food at both. As you mentioned, they are different in and of themselves. For a more traditional mexican atmosphere, menu and entertainment I'd go with Hacienda Sisal. I felt Sisal offered a more relaxed atmosphere, and PM is more quiet, intimate.

While PM overlooks the lagoon and that's a beautiful view, Sisal looks like you are in a courtyard and the illusion of being under the stars with the bonus of AC.

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Hi! It will be quite a large party... Anywhere from 60-100 people! I saw the interior of the Hacienda Sisal and it looks very nice. Thanks!! :o)

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

For a party atmosphere, I'd definitely choose Hacienda Sisal. The setting is more fun than fancy, the food is really good, the drinks and service excellent plus there's the added extra of entertainment which a large party would really enjoy. If you have a chance, try to arrange a night when Balance plays after the floor show. They are excellent and do rock as well as salsa and merengue.

Have a fabulous wedding!

Cheryl

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Sounds great Cheryl! We're probably going to go on Friday. Do you know what's going on that night? I have read different things about Mexican night and/or the mariachi band on Thursday and/or Friday...

Thanks!

BSQ
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
5,586 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

In October (I'm looking at the Royal's Magazine), Monday & Thursday were Mexican night, Wednesday was Caribbean night.

You might want to browse this website haciendasisaldotcom, there's information about group menus and such.

Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Cancun
Level Contributor
11,942 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

BSQ gave you the link to the website....if you have questions, email them directly and ask anything you want to know. They are a great resort and will answer very promptly. You'll enjoy it.

Cheryl