We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Yes - I realize that these are two completely different types of restaurants! ;o) We are planning a pre-wedding dinner and are trying to narrow it down. I really wanted the Mexican feel and mariachi band Hacienda Sisal offers, however I haven't eaten there.

I really enjoyed Puerto Madero and the outdoor seating, though it is more expensive. Anyway... Any thoughts/opinions would be much-appreciated. I'm so glad that I can ask about these types of things here. I'm quite indecisive, yet I've found this board very helpful! :o)

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Sisal
Hacienda Sisal
1,796 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero
3,803 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

seawatergirl,

Drop me an email at cancuncanuck at hotmail dot com, I might be able to help you get exactly what you are looking for at Sisal. Would love to help you out. :)

manchester
Level Contributor
3,117 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

hi seawatergirl

i was one of the first to answer your thread

i dont sit on the fence, and some people need pushing when they have anquish over there decision, and a very important decision it is.

if you want an authentic mexican resteraunt then it has to be sisal.

you will get,

and have got plenty of info but you WONT find anywhere better.

book it ,forget the decision and just enjoy an aurthentic mexican

hight out,

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Thanks guys! I appreciate the help in making my decision. Thanks for the "push" Matt. I needed that! It's no fun being on the fence. ;o)

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

So... I contacted Hacienda Sisal to make my reservation and arrange payment on Tuesday, and a party of 300 signed a contract to rent out the entire restaurant on Thursday. They beat me to the punch, so no Hacienda Sisal. :o( Procrastination doesn't pay! Anyway, I'm back to the Puerto Madero idea, but I'm contemplating La Casa de las Margaritas. Any other thoughts/recommendations?

I don't want to go as far as Punta Cancun or downtown... Thanks!!

Mentioned in this post
Hacienda Sisal
Hacienda Sisal
1,796 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero
3,803 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Hotel Margaritas
Hotel Margaritas
167 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Punta Cancun
Punta Cancun
30 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Casa de las Margaritas is lovely and if you are looking for real Mexican ambiance, a better bet than Puerto Madero. Have you considered Laguna Grill? It's my number one in Cancun for ambiance and food. Not as quite as "Mexican" as you might have in mind, but gorgeous! The owner posts here under the nickname cunspin, I KNOW that she would do whatever she could to make your dinner extra special. Check out their website www dot lagunagrill dot com dot mx. They have a special events coordinator and a special menu if you don't want to go off the regular one. I am sure that cunspin would be happy to listen to your requests. Perhaps start a new thread to her attention and see what she can do for you.

Sorry to hear about the Sisal, too bad!

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Margaritas
Hotel Margaritas
167 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Puerto Madero
Puerto Madero
3,803 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Thank you for all of the suggestions and feedback!!! You have no idea how much I appreciate it and how helpful it has been. :o)

Louisville, Kentucky
Level Contributor
626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Mexican cuisine in the Hotel Zone

Paloma Bonita, is a lively selection for authentic Mexican fare in a space filled with colorful handcrafted furniture and strolling musicians. In El Embarcadero, Mucho Gusto offers buffet and a la carte service with an exotic and traditional flair. La Casa de las Margaritas, in La Isla Shopping Village, is also popular..

Paloma Bonita is a fun place with excellent food.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Margaritas
Hotel Margaritas
167 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
La Isla Shopping Village
La Isla Shopping Village
8,735 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun, Mexico
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

Mucho Gusto Has been closed for years.

29. Re: Hacienda Sisal vs. Puerto Madero

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 18:18