We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Claremont, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

I am thinking of going to the Dreams Cancun Resort at the end of the month. Are the beaches private or do vendors come up to you constantly while you are laying out???

I had this happen in Cabo San Lucas and was not relaxing at all.

Also, has anyone been to Cancun in Nov. or Dec.? I am interested in knowing if the weather is okay durning this time?

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Cancun's Hotel Zone beaches are just not like that. While once in a blue moon I have seen someone mention they were approached by someone trying to sell them something on the beach, it is not the norm. In fact you should expect nothing more annoying than the time-share sales pitch or people trying to sell you stuff at the Party Center, but not on the beach.

As far as the weather, I have not been to Cancun during November nor December so I am going during both months this year just to say I did. What I have been reading however is that the daytime temps are very nice and there is less of a chance of rain and bad weather because hurricane season is winding down.

Have fun planning your trip to paradise,

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancun Travel Survey Guide Book

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Claremont, CA
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Thank you! One more thing, can you eat at any of the restaurants as part of the all-inclusive.

Thanks,

Lori

Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
17,170 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

I don't know about Dreams but we stayed at Riu Palace and the vendors would show up about 2 times a day. Late morning & late afternoon. Once you told them no, gracias they left you alone. We had more problems walking to the mall from the timeshare people. They don't like to take no for an answer.

Roanoke, VA
Level Contributor
178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

We stayed just south of Cancun 2 years ago in November. While the weather was beautiful, it was breezy and the pools were cold. We just couldn't enjoy the pools as we had in the past because of this.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Well LRoseBuran: You have made a great choice with Dreams Cancun. Worry about nothing. To respond to your first question, the answer is no. We have been at Dreams 2X and stay on one of the two beaches. Had no one selling anything. Dreams is on a point, that is, it has water on three sides. At the property line on the left is a guard, as well as on the other side, which is toward RIU. The guards do not let in any vendors.

Next, as stated, the only unpleasant experience is leaving Dreams and taking that 5 minute walk to Plaza Forum Mall. You just walk on the sidewalk and look ahead and say no. There must be at least 4-5 time share hacks on route. When you pass them, it is a breeze, no more anyone bothering you.

Next, Dreams is AI. That means all. The best part of that is that Dreams does not require bands on your hand. Also, all of the restaurants, etc. DO NOT require reservations. Just show up and get seated. The food at the restaurants is outstanding for an AI resort, or even a Cruise Ship. The drinks are all included, as well as Top Shelf. I look at what is on the bar and ask and receive. I love French Cognac, and there was a lot to choose from.

Next, the only restaurant for breakfast that is open is the World Cafe, always had a great breakfast. If you walk around you will find almost everything you will want. My GF started with a glass of "bubbly" with smoked salmon. I had my eggs make to order. You can also make yourself a Stoli BMary. The fresh baked hard rolls were my fav, with real butter.

Next, if you are still hungry, remember that you have 24 hr room service. The menue for room service lists some items, but you can request most anything else. It arrives in 30 minutes and is kept in a heater under the serving cart. They bring all of the plates, etc.and set them up in your room and leave.

Next, since you are going at the end of the month this will be the end of the tropical storm season and you should have nice sun and hardly any rain, if at all. Yes, as previously said, the pools may be cool, but the water in the sea is warm.

Last, remember to go to the bank and get a block of $1. It will be very hard to get smaller bills in Cancun, and with the service you get at Dreams, you will want to give the staff some tips.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
PA
Level Contributor
575 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Ditto on rack's comments!

We were there last Christmas and the weather was fabulous. We're returning this year too.

Enjoy your trip. Remember to visit My Place and tell them you are a TAer! Take an emplty bottle of local beer to be displayed on the "International Wall of Beers" too.

Anymore questions?

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

Wow!!! You spend all kinds of time to relpy and it is for nothing!

Level Contributor
97 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

I was in Cancun & surrounding for 10dys last yr. in Dec/jan & the weather was great, still wear tons of sun protection. I prefered Playa del Carmen over Cancun.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
9. Re: Dreams Cancun Resort and Spa in Cancun, Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 09:16