We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Early December weather at night??

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Topic
Early December weather at night??

I know that you can't always predict... We may dine outdoors on the lagoon from 7-10pm and I'm wondering if it might be too cool... I've read that it goes down to high 60's/low 70's at night which may not be that comfortable unless the restaurant has heating lamps. Thoughts? It's a large party, so maybe we should just give up privacy and the patio lagoon view for guaranteed warmth indoors? Thanks! :o)

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Early December weather at night??

Kai.......... try this link to Weather Underground. It gives you everything you want to know about the Cancun weather history for the 1st 15 days of December. There is a full moon on December 4th!

http://tinyurl.com/y6zk9q

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,441 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Early December weather at night??

seawatergirl, that weather underground site is a good one indeed, great advice from ag700. My advice is to plan on eating outdoors because even if members of your party find it to be chilly, there will probably be plenty of room indoors as the first half of December is considered to be a slow period. It's when you are approaching Christmas and New Years Eve when you need to be more concerned about table reservations.

212eric V.P.

PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE CANCUN

Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Early December weather at night??

Well let me say this, the temps in Cancun in December can only be compared to temps in Georgia in Sept/Oct. We have been and only have shorts/pants/shirts. Never got "chilllly" or were uncomf. I think that you will be fine. I really do not know, or ever seen heating lamps in Cancun, it is not a thing that they do are need, unless some fluke thing happens. You are really in the tropics.

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Early December weather at night??

Thank you! I have visited that website... I know what you mean about the GA weather. It's not so bad to walk from point A to B here at night, but I'm not sure I 'd be sitting outside for dinner unless there are heat lamps! Of course heat lamps probably aren't popular in Cancun... We will try outside and see what happens. Chances are that by the time it gets cooler we'll be done with dinner.

Looking forward to the full moon on 12/4. CU at My Place ag700! :)

Georgia
Level Contributor
227 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Early December weather at night??

BTW - We'll have about 70 guests so it may not be as easy to move the whole party inside. I like the lagoon view and privacy so much that I think we'll take a chance. We'll just have them bring sweaters!

State of Disarray
Level Contributor
3,805 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Early December weather at night??

Kai..... that's the way to think! Good to bring the sweaters for early December evenings, anyway. Looks like the December averages are some of the best all year. Mid-80's in the day & low/mid-70's at night. Perfect for sunny days & comfortable sleeping if your air conditioner is not that great.

7. Re: Early December weather at night??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 10:17