We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buying liquor in Cancun

coon rapids,mn
Level Contributor
7 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
buying liquor in Cancun

We're going to Cancun in January(8th time,yeah)and are traveling with a diverse group when it comes to alcoholic beverage tastes .Does Walmart sell Windsor Whiskey (for brother in law) and any NA beer such as Odoules(for nephew). as for the rest of us, we will take what we can get at our resort(*looking foreward to those waiters bringing us our Bananna Monkeys,Margariettas,beer,etc). thanks,muchos gracias.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Beverly Shores...
Level Contributor
3,642 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: buying liquor in Cancun

Well you can for sure find Canadian Wiskey at Wal-Mart, do not know what Windsor Whisky is, but CC is all over. As to the NA beer, you will be out of luck. As far as I know, NA beer is just not a MX stock item, even at WM. Maybe someone else knows more, but that was my experience (the people at Dreams really try to please, someone asked for NA beer, the mgr sent out a person to find it, and they came back empty).

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: buying liquor in Cancun

I suggest you brin your own Windsor Whiskey...I have seen Seagrams & CC but it is very expensive due to the high import tax..as far as beer goes they have all sorts but not NA...there is avery nice liquor store across from Wal Mart...when you get of the bus and cross the street it is in the white building...I cannot think of the name of it but they carry everything you need for a party...I'll get the name and post it later

Bardonia new york
Level Contributor
1,917 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: buying liquor in Cancun

The name of the liquor store in Cancun just before WaL Mart in the white building is called La Europia...they have everything one needs for a party...great store....well worth looking into it

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
4. Re: buying liquor in Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 13:25
;