We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Park Royal

DownEast and Acadia...
2 posts
Save Topic
Grand Park Royal

Just booked 5 nights at the Grand Park Royal. Looking for any suggestions. My wife loves horseback riding as well as snorkeling and other fun things to do. Any help is appreciated! Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Grand Park Royal Cozumel
4,661 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
54 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Park Royal

Just returned from a 4 day stay. I think overall this hotel is very nice, not fancy though. Enjoy your stay.

Hotel has a swimming area next to the Caribe restaurant. This is a snorkeling site already. Calm and clear, quite some fish, with cruise ship in the background. Better than some of my paid snorkeling tour.

4km away is the Chankanaar park. I think the snorkeling there is very good. Also did the ceilo Colombia plancar snorkeling boat tour. Supposed to be the best snorkeling tour from a boat. You might want to choose a calm day to do it. The day we did it, the water was so choppy, didn’t see anything, while at the same time feeling quite seasick.

DownEast and Acadia...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Park Royal

Thanks for the info! I appreciate your time.

Level Contributor
153 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Park Royal

Grand Park Royal has some of the best snorkeling from a hotel in Cozumel. Don't limit yourself just to the area protected by the markers. Swim under the markers and snorkel in front of El Cid next door too. I think El Cid is better than GPR for snorkeling.

I really like GPR, the location is great if you want to go in town. There are several good restaurants within walking distance. 2 things I don't love about GPR, 1 the beach area is small and by 8:00 in the morning, all the chairs are covered with towels. 2, you have to get in line at 11:30 to get reservations to the restaurants.

I don't want to stir things up, but seeing the horses in Cozumel saddens me. It's hot, they are skinny and don't look too happy. I enjoy horseback riding, but I would not do it in Cozumel. Again, this is my opinion, I am not trying to offend anyone.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Park Royal Cozumel
Grand Park Royal Cozumel
4,661 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Reply to: Grand Park Royal
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted