We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carriage Horses-

Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Carriage Horses-

Nasty, disgusting....totally heartbreaking. Saw a post of pictures of an "accident" of a carriage horse on Facebook. 5 seconds later it was gone. WTH? The pictures showed old scars and recently open sores. HORRIBLE! No excuse at all. So angry. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF G O D.....STOP USING THE CARRIAGE HORSES!!!!!

15 replies to this topic
Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carriage Horses-

mdp: you should hear the 'Queen of All Things' shouting at the people in those carriages. It isn't pretty. To sum it up in printable form: she politely suggests it would be beneficial to their health to get out and walk instead ;)

there was a move a few years back to guarantee basic stuff for those poor horses like shade, water, a vet every month, but like most things, none of that is happening now.

Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carriage Horses-

And there was also a supposed ban on them years ago. It never happened. Good for her...it isn't pretty? Well neither are those open wounds on the poor horses. People don't HAVE to walk. That's what taxis are for.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
948 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carriage Horses-

The pictures of the injured carriage horse are still up on Facebook. I saw it earlier and checked after reading this. The lack of care for these horses has to stop. https://www.facebook.com/no.cozumel/…

Texas
Level Contributor
2,620 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carriage Horses-

Thanks. Any kind of awareness that we can give to others might mean something!

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
3,085 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Carriage Horses-

If only we could get the word to the boat people.

Most of us here on TA know better.

fort worth
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Carriage Horses-

It is horrible. I understand needing to make a living, but at what cost?

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Carriage Horses-

Why post it here if the assumption is people know better? Post it on sites that the cruise passengers use.

Arlington WA
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Carriage Horses-

I disagree, Islandgirl; a lot of cruise people come to this forum practically every day, looking for shopping and other activities during their port calls. this is another way to inform them about the horses. Anything that works is fine with me.

Edited: 12 June 2018, 00:39
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
894 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Carriage Horses-

That might be true Sam, but if you want to have impact go to the sites they frequent.

Washington, England
Level Contributor
449 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Carriage Horses-

I have cruised, as well as other types of holidays, and would never use carriage horses wherever I go.

Reply to: Carriage Horses-
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted