We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
186 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Hubs and I are planning our 4th trip to Cozumel late April / early May 2019. We spent 2 weeks in April at Las Brisas and have wanted to be back to the island the minute we got home.

Looking at Puesto del Sol condos and wanted to find out if there are any differences which tower we rent a unit in. In particular, we want to enjoy that infinity-looking pool and snorkel. I thought I read somewhere that the towers don't share the pool. If so, which tower would I need to be in to ensure we can use the awesome pool.

Also like the looks of the Miramar condos...but do I understand correctly, no elevator? We are a retired couple that don't mind a few steps but I worry about lugging the heavy suitcases up and down.

We liked Las Brisas but think we want to be closer to that awesome snorkeling "wall". Any suggestions to other condos we might need to consider?

Counting the days already until we can be back to our favorite island.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
10 replies to this topic
Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Not only does Miramar not have elevators, but the staircases are too narrow to carry two suitcases up at the same time. Trust me on that one LOL.

That's where I learned to check where the units are before bringing up the luggage. Cozumel Villas had the wrong staircase listed on their condo entry instructions, and they probably still do.

We've toured Puesta condos but never stayed there, but I would be surprised if the towers did not share the pool.

Ms. kwing and her husband just stayed there a few weeks ago. Maybe she will see this and have an answer.

Wishing you good luck in your hunt!

Edited: 13 June 2018, 00:42
Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
981 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

We are staying at PDS feb-march and were told both pools are shared!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
2,162 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Nah Ha and Marazul are the 2 building a just north of Miramar and they have elevators.

We stayed in the ground floor unit in Miramar and it was quite nice. The 4th floor units are great but lots of stairs. Plus no bathroom in the pool area.

Nah Ha is awesome, if it's in your price range its fantastic. Spacious condos with huge balconies and a large pool that is rarely busy.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
7,235 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Snorkeling north and south of Puerto Abrigo is really good.

In the same area as Nah Ha/Miramar/Marazul, the snorkeling reef pretty much stops in front of Palmas Reales and turns to a shallow water ironshore beach with no real coral life unless you are really far offshore. It picks back up several hundred yards past las Brisas. Near las Brisas, the water is always milky from the sand being stirred up. There is not much to see in that area.

Of note, Miramar's ground floor unit is the pool level, but if steps are an issue, please note it is one level below the entrance level so there are steps.

As far as pools being shared, get that in writing from your property manager/rental agent. At Nah Ha, we sometimes have issues with people from Marazul hopping over the 4' tall wall and using our dive platform and ocean ladder. When questioned, the answer seems to be the same...."They were told.....blah, blah, blah". No, that is not correct. We are two separate properties. (And PdS may be as well.) They have the right of passage to exit the water to get back to land, but they do not have a legal right to use the adjacent facilities simply because they jumped the wall. As I like to ask them, What do you think would happen to you in the US if you climbed a wall and decided to use the pool next door?"

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
316 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Hi Barb

I read the same thing about pool sharing(?). We stayed at Palmas Reales so I can't help you, sorry. I would also recommend Nah Ha if it's in your budget. They have an elevator and the best balconies! Miramar does not have any shade on their balcony if you need/want that.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
lake erie ohio
Level Contributor
981 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

We have stayed at Penn Grande in past. Beautiful heated infinity pool, huge balconies! Just got a better deal at PDS for seafront. Truthfully we prefer a neighborhood house!

PA
Level Contributor
846 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Puesta del Sol phase 2 (newest one) is the southern tower. We have stayed in a 6th floor unit and the 1st floor unit. Each tower has its own pool that is shared by all the units in that tower. Phase 2 has the nicer pool in my opinion (and currently the only pool as the pool for phase 1 was being repaired in May). They were replacing all the tile around the pool and found a crack in the pool and were redoing that too. At least that is the story I got. I don't believe they are renting those units until it is fixed. Phase 1 also has an excellent entry/exit to the ocean. We rented from EnjoyCozumel.com

We also stayed in Miramar and agree that the lack of an elevator can be a deal breaker depending on which unit you get.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
PA
Level Contributor
846 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Sorry, I meant to say phase 2 has an excellent entry/exit to the ocean

Saginaw, Texas
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

"We stayed at Palmas Reales so I can't help you, sorry."

LOL, kwing. I got my "P" condos mixed up. Too much tequila!

Wichita, Kansas...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions

Hi there, we stayed at Miramar a few weeks ago and rented 402 on the top floor for the view. We loved it and didn’t mind the stairs, but from the parking lot you actually come in on the second floor I believe. There is no elevator though. Loved the snorkeling at this location and we often had the pool to ourselves since there is only 8 units in the building. We haven’t stayed at PdS so can’t compare.

Mentioned in this post
Miramar Beach
Miramar Beach
Florida Panhandle, FL
Reply to: Puesto del Sol and Miramar condo questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted