We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
90 posts
31 reviews
To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Ok So I know from Indianapolis I can get a direct flight to Cancun on Sundays, but every site from Apple Vacations to Expedia to Funjet only give me deals from Indy to Cozumel Airport which requires a stop in Dallas, Atlanta, or Charlotte. Why do none of these sites offer the flight to Cancun and the hotel in Coz and I will worry about how I get to the hotel from Cancun? Any sites where I can book a Coz hotel Via Cancun Airport?

13 replies to this topic
Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,620 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

It is easy to get to get to Cozumel from the Cancun airport:

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Texas
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
15 reviews
2. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

I bet all you have to do is call any of these companies and they will help you find that option. I called Orbitz and Funjet (not recently) and they were very helpful. No need to worry about getting from Cancun to Cozumel. Hundreds of vacationers do it daily. It's very easy. FYI- adding transfers to your vacation package is going to drive the price way up. You can do it easily on your own for a fraction of that price.

Edited: 19 August 2018, 08:16
Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
90 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Thanks, I know its not hard to get to Coz from Cancun, Im just frustrated that the major booking sites do not seem to let you choose a flight to Cancun with a Hotel in Coz

Texas
Level Contributor
2,964 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Well, maybe if you call they can tell you how to do that online.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
11,986 posts
5. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

I do it all the time on Apple Vacations. Many of the other sites allow you to do it as well. Look for the key words of hotel zones or other such words...Drop down then gives you the option of Playa, Cancun or Cozumel

King of Prussia...
Level Contributor
55 posts
27 reviews
6. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

We wondered the same thing and called them directly and Applevacation arranged it all via phone, direct flight to Cancun, transfer from airport to ferry and then ferry to resort. Of course it was a bit more expensive, but in our mind worth the ease and peace of mind. Thru applevacation' website we could only find flights to Cozumel but with very long layovers. Call them..

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,620 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

As noted above, you do not need a third party to arrange airport to Cozumel transportation.

Saint Paul...
Level Contributor
62 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Just book your flight and hotel separately. I just booked yesterday for our November trip. I stalked Kayak for flights for a couple weeks, and when I felt the price was good, I went directly to the airline's website to book. Hotel's been booked for several weeks directly through their website. I searched posts in this forum for a good transfer company and booked USA Transfers earlier today.

Ontario
Level Contributor
5,866 posts
78 reviews
9. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

Do an advanced search on bookit.com You can fly through Cancun and choose a Cozumel hotel.

ohio
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
87 reviews
10. Re: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration

As noted above, if using Apple Vacations call them. I do my research online, but when I book, I do it over the phone directly with apple rep.

Reply to: To Cozumel Via Cancun frustration
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted