We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

Erin, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I am wanting to book 3 nights at Casa Mexicana for April trip. Are hotels.com & expedia.com both reliable booking sources. I can't seem to find the hotel phone number to call directly, which would have been my preference.....should anyone be able to reply with that number. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Casa Mexicana Cozumel
1,266 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Erin, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I found the direct website for the hotel and sucessfully booked on line with them...

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
311 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

We booked through Travelocity. Com for our trip in September. Please post reviews of your stay as we too are staying at Casa Mexicana. All reviews seem to indicate this is a great hotel in the heart of Cozumel. Can't wait!!

Mentioned in this post
Casa Mexicana Cozumel
Casa Mexicana Cozumel
1,266 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
754 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I believe "Zman96" - a regular contributor to this forum - stayed there this past week. Perhaps he will provide some insight.

Erin, Canada
Level Contributor
411 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I will be happy to post a review of my stay...zman??

KC MO
Level Contributor
660 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I have used both Hotels.com and expedia for travel within the USA and never had an issue with them. Once on arrival a hotel said they didn't have our reservation. I called Hotels.com talked to them, they gave all information needed to pass onto the hotel clerk and within minutes we were in our rooms.

We have had excellent service with Funjet going to Mexico.

JDKC

Mentioned in this post
United States
United States
North America
Mexico
Mexico
North America
duluth,mn
Level Contributor
1,325 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

i have used Expedia twice and can say you get what you pay for.if you pay a cheap price you will get a cheap room.but if hotel is not full, you can pay for upgrade.

Vancouver, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I used hotels.com once and won't again. We booked a three night stay on a busy weekend and the actual hotel never had a reservation made under our name. (we had a printed confirmation email from hotels.com)

So that left us in Paris, after a long day of traveling, without a reservation. (it was evening and neither of us speak french).

After wasting 3 hours of our vacation we found another hotel and the web site hotel.com agreed to send us there and give us $100 in "Hotel Bucks" for our troubles. (I really didn't think this was fare compensation for taking us a 1/2 km from the neighborhood we had wanted to vacation in.)

It took 6 emails and 4 months before we got the coupon. (twice they said it had already been mailed to us) And it has a validity period of only 2 months. The coupon has some funny wording that sounds like we need to book another 2 stays to redeem it.

I've read many reviews on how they won't honor this coupon. I'm not going to ever book with them again, and won't recommend them.

(btw, nothing but good experiences with priceline.com)

Cleveland, OH
Level Contributor
43 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

I've booked with both for U.S. reservations. Never had any problems. I've used Expedia and Orbitz for mexican reservations. Again, no problems. Be sure to check multiple sites, as prices will vary. recently, I've found the best deals for Mexico on Orbitz with promo codes.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
Texas
Level Contributor
5,812 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

We have used Funjet in the past but have found better prices these days with Orbitz. Orbitz also beats Expedia price-wise.

Playa del Carmen...
Level Contributor
78 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: are hotels.com and expedia.com reliable to book hotel

If the hotel has their own site, I would recommend booking through them. We do vacation rental homes and condos, but I wouldn't recommend using expedia, orbitz, travelocity or hotels.com to book a condo or home because information tends to be outdated and prices tend to be much higher.