We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

I will be in Cozumel soon. (Yeah!!!) and staying at the park royal. Im used to walking several miles a day. Is it possible to walk to the city from the hotel, and is it a nice walk? Or is it along a highway.

Second question, how much time should i anticipate to get to the ferry dock buy and ticket and ferry over to PDC? I have a tour planned for 12:30 at the jungle place, and I want to give myself plenty of time to get there.

Thanks all!.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

I do not know where the Jungle Place is or your transportation method. Ferry times are here:

www.mexicowaterjets.com/eng/servicios.php…

You will need to take the 1000 AM or 1100 AM ferry (just a guess). Modify based upon time from PDC to the Jungle Place. Ferry crossing time circa 40 minutes.

Only buy one way tickets.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
30,304 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

You would think a website would have a map. Based upon what I can find, the 1000 AM ferry is the latest you should consider.

Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
373 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

You can definitely walk into town from the Park Royal. It is a couple of miles on a nice sidewalk. You will see lots of walkers doing the same thing.

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
903 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

That is a long hot walk along a busy highway. It nearly killed us to walk a mile from the Int'l Pier up to La Hach, it was so hot at 11 am. It was super, super hot! We had to stop at OXXO to cool down, I thought I was gonna faint from the heat. I would not do that walk in the daytime again!

The Jungle Place is between Akumal and Tulum, about a 45 min ride from PDC. You want to be at the ferry about 20 - 30 min before departure (both ways), it's about a a 45 min ride to PDC depending on conditions. When you depart the ferry, walk 2 blocks straight up the little hill to the Taxi's and tell them you want the jungle place. The last time I took a taxi, it was $30 to Akumal so it could be more to the jungle place.

Here are directions on taking the ferry over to PDC so you will be familiar with the surroundings (my trip stopped at Akumal).

https:/…

Here are also some pic of us walking along that road (scroll down to Day 3, park royal).

…blogspot.com/2011/04/cozumel-spring-trip-re…

If anyone is prone to seasickness, they should take some med before boarding the ferry or they will not be feeling very good for the rest of the day.

Wyoming
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

I have walked along that stretch of highway and really enjoy it. The sidewalks are pretty good. Be sure and take a bottle of water. I walk into town everyday on Isla Mujeres. It is about 2 miles. I've been watching the temps and it has been about 5 degrees warmer on Isla. I have no problem with the heat. Just depends if you are used to walking and used to the heat. There is usually a nice breeze blowing along there, too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
56 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

We stayed at Park Royal last year and will be going back next week. We made that walk a few times on our last stay and will do it again. We found it enjoyable but we are also used to walking a lot back here at home (we live downtown Toronto so it's usually the quickest way to get anywhere).

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

thanks everyone for the info. i will be sure to catch the 10 am ferry... and depending on the heat, i think i will try the walk...

8. Re: walk to the city from park royal? and ferry question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2013, 17:24