We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheap airfare alert!

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Cheap airfare alert!

Just found air on United from Houston direct to CZM in May for $634 for TWO people total (not each) round trip!! Woo hoo!! Haven't found it that cheap in years.. Air was $400 and the taxes were $234.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Wow! Awesome deal! Now, you just gotta get to Houston! lol

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
47,853 posts
156 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Thats a great fare. Even if you do have to fly on United now!

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Getting to Houston is not a problem.. we don't mind the 3 hour drive to avoid flying from Corpus!!

I miss Continental for sure.. since the merger the upgrades are fewer but other than that I don't see much difference..

Dallas, Tx
Level Contributor
388 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Holy Guacamole! That's a cheap flight!

Littleton, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Jealous!

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
847 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

Great deal! I have a question related to Houston, are they typically on-time out of there? We are flying from Chicago into Houston with just 1 hour for the connection out to CZM, we are flying Continental. Chicago is the worse for on-time departures so I know we are cutting it VERY close.

CO, USA
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

I'd be more concerned with your layover time on your way back to Chicago since you'll have to go through immigration and customs. I would think one hour layover going TO Cozumel should not be a problem.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

ooooh ooooh oh, will check that out for sure! Thanks Links

Corpus Christi...
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

To answer the question about departing out of houston on time--we have always left withing 10 minutes of scheduled time on that flight, at least since 2004! We were late returning 1 time due to weather in houston and we had to refuel in San Antonio.

Looks like I scheduled mine a week too early for the cheap rates!! we were so limited on dates in May due to husband's schedule, billfishing season, and Kay Kib's tournament schedule that I guess I wont regret doing it too early this time. I searched and found the $318 total per person from IAH to CZM, but not on our exact dates.

It is the best price in several years for May!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cheap airfare alert!

cc, that's still a really good price!