We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luna Blue

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Luna Blue

Does anybody know what is happening at the Luna Blue? Someone I know had their February reservation canceled and told them they would be closed in February. Also their website isn’t taking any reservations for next year. Is it also going to get torn down for more retail/condos? Paving paradise? Or??

Mentioned in this post
Luna Blue Hotel
Luna Blue Hotel
963 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
7 replies to this topic
Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Luna Blue

I haven't heard anything but I can take a minor detour here shortly on my walk in to the hotel and stop by there and see if I can glean anything.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luna Blue

I heard a rumor about reservations not being taken last week but was waiting to hear too. Following

Playa del Carmen...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
9,208 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Luna Blue

So yeah: the woman in reception I just talked to there said that they are closing at the end of January for remodeling that will take an indefinite amount of time.

It's all the same to me, but as a hotelero, I must say it seems like an interesting choice to close for renovations precisely when the highest part of the high season begins. But to each his/her own!

Edited: 19 October 2017, 22:56
Vermont
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luna Blue

Agreed. The timing of the "renovations" is very suspicious.

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,774 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luna Blue

I so miss Toni and Cheri

Vancouver
Level Contributor
1,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Luna Blue

Thanks PlayaMaya but something isn’t right. Cancelling reservations in high season and not taking bookings into 2018... if they were renovating wouldn’t they do it in low season and also hype it like “we are renovating” and market that? Silence is suspicious. Such a great little hotel and bar with a beautiful lush courtyard. I hope it isn’t turned into another four storey concrete retail/condo box.

Edited: 20 October 2017, 11:27
ireland
Level Contributor
859 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Luna Blue

When we were there last year it had gone down so much.they had told us 2 years before that they were doing it up.will be sorry to see it go it had a great vibe when Toni and Cheri had it

Reply to: Luna Blue
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted