We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Tequila or Riu Playacar?

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Riu Tequila or Riu Playacar?

Hey there! We are trying to book last minute for 7/30 for 7 days. We have 5 children ages 16-14-12-10-7. We have to book two rooms or a suite which is why these two resorts are working for us with our budget. We would normally stay a little more upscale if it were just the two of us. I do think both of these look great other than the rooms don’t seem as nice as the royal.

With the ages of my kids in mind, pool priority as well as beach, food and overall atmosphere, which do you suggest?

I greatly appreciate all input! Thank you

1 reply
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Tequila or Riu Playacar?

If beach is a priority it would be Riu Playacar as it is actually on the beach.

Great for young children, older ones might be bored as not much to do, but it depends what they like.

Overall, the food was good and drinks were okay.

I did really like the deep pools, that was great!

What I didn't like: no room service or food after disco/show (bad after drinking all day).

I also didn't like that it was ALL kids (grabbing things off the buffet with their hands, splashing water into your drink at the swim up bar etc.), but in your case that won't be bad.

Reply to: Riu Tequila or Riu Playacar?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted