We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge

We went to these guys name Jesse & Jorge on 34th&5th I believe. I would avoid them, had the worse experience. Sucked us into a timeshare, saying we would get our trip for $100/6ppl for cozumel ferry & snorkeling and it would only be 1.5hr(we were dumb I know). Ended up paying $160(still cheap) but was promised 1st class tickets on the ferry for round trip. Both guys were no show when we met up at their booth in the morning to grab our ferry tickets, someone else at the booth got someone to get tickets for us, and wanted 100peso each bc it was more than we paid he said. We didn't pay for it, and still got our ticket. We were also promised first class seats for the ferry. Nope. Get to the cozumel pier and go to the booth they told us, the lady couldn't find our reservation, called Jesse a ton of times, no pick up nor responded to my messages. The lady was nice enough to give us a discount and got us onto a tour.

We were told to keep our receipt & get our money back and involve the police if they wouldn't. Lesson learned. Always get your ferry ticket as promised & get all the info/ticket you need b4 leaving and paying. They were a bit wishy washy about stuff, so we should've known. Now we have to find them and get our money back. There's different people that works at the booth also. Just wanted to put it out there for others to learn from us. Avoid anyone name Jesse or George! Don't make the same mistake we did.

3 replies to this topic
Hartford...
Level Contributor
389 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge

Sorry to hear, best to avoid these types of scams... Never do a timeshare presentation for a gift....

Warren, Michigan
Level Contributor
7 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge

Lesson learned. :(

Hartford...
Level Contributor
389 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge

in the scheme of things its nothing! Enjoy your next trip!!!!!!

Reply to: Beware excursion sellers Jesse & george/jorge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted