We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air BnB and budgeting

Gloucestershire...
Level Contributor
1 post
47 reviews
Save Topic
Air BnB and budgeting

Hi! My fiancé and are are going to Playa Del Carmen for my brothers wedding next April - we’re staying at an Air BnB before going to the resort the wedding is being held at for the final 3 days. We were just wondering how much to budget for? Would £1000 be enough money for 2 weeks staying out of an all inclusive resort?

2 replies to this topic
Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air BnB and budgeting

You will get different opinions on this but IMHO that figure would work if you go to MEGA to stock up on groceries and eat at the condo more than eating out. There's a deli there too that sells a variety of Mexican dishes in half or full litres. And they have an excellent deli and bakery goods. You can always hit an ATM right? But make sure you do not use a stand alone ATM like the ones on 5th Ave.

If you plan on excursions of any kind add more money.

Edited: 10 June 2018, 00:27
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
12,982 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air BnB and budgeting

That much would be plenty for me. The Mega is inexpensive and you get eat out pretty cheaply if you stay of 5th Ave.

You can take the Ado buses to Tulum etc for days out. You buy the tickets on the day at the station.

Big group excursions always cost a lot, so plan to do things yourself, way more fun that travelling in a pack of tourists anyway.

Reply to: Air BnB and budgeting
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted