We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live ocean Rivera paradise.

2 posts
Save Topic
Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Hi all... on day 5... resort is ok... I wouldn’t come again or would I book anybody here. Food is just ok... pools not very clean, beach is not nice..and not much to do. No place to really hang in the evening but the lobby bar. They have a piano bar but it really is just an extension of the lobby bar. There is a lot of small children which is fine but unsettling when it’s 11 pm and there is babies and small children asleep in strollers by the bar with there parents sitting there, some have toddlers on there laps at the bar.

Had some issues when we arrived, we booked Daisy and they upgraded us to eden ( I wanted daisy since I’m traveling with my 10 yo, but they were overbooked. ) I booked 3 rooms only two were upgraded. My daughter who is celebrating her honeymoon was left in Daisy. I went in the evening and asked if she could move to be in the same building. Supervisor was super nice and told us to just put our luggage by the door by noon don’t worry about it I’ll take care of everything the moves her we can come down later to get the keys. The next day I called around 1030 after breakfast to make sure everything was good to go and they didn’t know anything about it, and told me I had to get down there immediately per their policy and bring her room keys for her to change rooms. So I had to run over to resort to try to find my daughter to get her room keys and go back up to the lobby to make the room change. Had to come back and find her give her the new room keys. The worst was they gave us keys to someone else’s room her and her husband were enjoying themselves and went to the room around for the husband fell asleep on the couch and she realize that the room is occupied. She left to come find me .. she didn’t remember what room number it was that they gave her. So we had to go to the front desk again find out what room number it was to get her husband out of there who was asleep. Finally got her new room But they couldn’t find your luggage… It was an ongoing thing I’m glad it’s over. Management really didn’t care never saw anybody but the guest services nobody in management we talked with me. I am a part time travel agent and never had so many issues trying to get someone to rectify the situation. But oh well ...

There is a lot of walking here it’s not far but it’s enough to be very annoying especially when you’re drinking and it’s hot and it’s been a long day. The trams run every like 15 minutes so you sit there and wait. I’m not all that I’m pretty sad but I am 55 and my feet are sore from all the walking.

Any specific questions anyone has let me know.for the price point it’s not a bad place but forget about using the beach you must be a pool person and you must like to wait for restaurants, wait for trams and not much night life Then it’s ok..

10 replies to this topic
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Sorry for all the typos I use voice to text and didn’t read it completely before posting.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
107 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

I've been looking at this resort for a last minute trip this summer. I have friends that have been there and also an acquaintance (who is a travel industry executive). They all had a very different experience....all highly recommend this resort.

I don't think it's really fair to complain about kids being out at night. It is a family resort and while some people are fine putting their kids to bed early and sitting in the room all night, lots of other people are fine letting their kids stay up late or sleep in the stroller. Personally, I prefer going to resorts that are for families...it tends to be a more relaxed environment.

Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

The beach has both rocky and sandy sections and that is typical of the area, you can walk the beach in either direction. The water has been beautiful the last few weeks, sargassum on some days but other days gorgeous. The sargassum is affecting the entire Carib, of course.

Looks like a very nice resort, have you stayed at other comparable AI properties?

maryland
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Hi.. I have been to many resorts in the Riveria Maya area.. Iberostar, Now resorts, dreams resorts ect .. I travel 3-5x’s a year... I’m not saying the place is horrible, it’s just boring .. the only place to go at night is the lobby area .. no other bar area available.. they cater to small children here which is great for people with small kids ( under 5). In the lobby they have little push cars and ride on horses the kids ride all over the lobby on . I just wish there was an area with music to enjoy with comfortable seating somewhere ... and I don’t mind kids I have 4 . I just don’t think they should be allowed on the parents lap or on there own stool at the bar.. i will write my review when I get back .. last day today..

Mentioned in this post
Riviera Maya
Riviera Maya
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Owensboro, Kentucky
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

I too had a great time here February of 2017 2 months after it opened. We booked to go back in August this year. We’re not much of night owls we get up early and enjoy the sun all day. When we were there in 2017 there were lots of activities during the day! From the listing I found they still have them.. but maybe they’re just listed and don’t happen? Hoping they do as we like pool games and music!

Edited: 12 June 2018, 21:23
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Thanks - Your initial post was only the 3rd public post for "Sondra C" so naturally I was curious about your resort experiences.

We've stayed at a couple Dreams resorts (Puerto Vallarta and La Romana) and in both resorts tykes were allowed to overrun the adults swim-up bar. Great for the parents to have free babysitters, but not for the other adults...But we prefer family-friendly properties because we enjoy watching the kids (we have none). The Ibero Tucan for example is nice because the adult pool and pool bar are separate from the main pool.

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Vallarta
Puerto Vallarta
Jalisco, Mexico
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

We are headed there in about a month with our 6 and 7 year olds. Any must haves for a trip with the kiddos? Any tips to make the trip better for us with the kiddos? Thanks!

maryland
Level Contributor
1,146 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Hi Actually I’ve been on trip advisor for 9-10 years .. and have multiple reviews and multiple multiple thousands actually of posts… For some reason I wasn’t able to get into my old account so I had to make a new one on my phone. But look up Sonnyj ..... I hope y’all have a great time. I wasnt wishing ill will on anyone.. I was just giving my honest opinion and I felt that it was kind of boring and the food wasn’t that great and the service wasn’t that great. I went to Cozumel for the day and I went to Isla Mujeres.. A vacation of course is what you make of it. I started this post just to answer any questions that anybody had that were specific since I was there I could possibly answer. I usually do this when I am on vacation. I guess it turned into a little bit of a vent session...I did get an awesome deal and was able to take all of my children and my new son-in-law. But I personally would not go back again I don’t think it will get any better than it is now ... I will be writing a review .. happy vacation all!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Isla Mujeres
Isla Mujeres
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Rahway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
395 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

#4, isn't there a disco? Everything says there is

Iowa
Level Contributor
3,784 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live ocean Rivera paradise.

Disco and bowling alley. I actually thought it was fun at night.

Agree that it has plenty of other issues and we also found management to be really unorganized and unresponsive.

I would go back for the right price. I thought it was one of the best buffers we’ve had at an AI.

Reply to: Live ocean Rivera paradise.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted