We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

7 Day Trip Cancun-Tulum- Cozumel Car rental ETC

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
14 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
7 Day Trip Cancun-Tulum- Cozumel Car rental ETC

Hope it helps to travelers traveling in Cancun, Tulum and Cozumel.

Travel from Cancun to Tulum. From Tulum to PDC Ferry to Cozumel. Cozumel to Cancun

I live in LA and fly from Tijuana. We were supposed to land in Cozumel but our flight got cancel. So we called the airline and we switch it ti Cancun. Got an amazing deal believe it or not $75 dollars round trip from Tijuana to Cozumel but since the flight was change we change it to Cancun. A little more hectic but everything on the trip went smooth as planned.

I had read all the horrible reviews and found the best car rental company in CANCUN with good reviews. (Avant Car rental) submitted my request and they emailed me a quote with no hidden charges and no hold on your credit card. So i book with them and they emailed me right away and pick me up at the airport on time and took me to their office. They charge extra for dropping off the car at PDC which i didnt mind. On the way to Tulum passed by a restaurant and then some cenotes(Cristalino) on the way to Tulum. I rented a Airbnb in Tulum the host was amazing.

*Day 2 visited Coba Ruins the first day 70 pesos. 60 pesos for bike one way

*Day 3 we visited Tulum Ruins! Don't buy the packages they offer you at the front when you park your vehicle. Buy everything seperate its cheaper! Train 20 pesos-Entrance 70 pesos- Snorkel 200 pesos per person. Everything under $15 dollars! They want to charge $35 dollars per person the cheapest. Visited Cenote Zacil-Ha clean cenote with a zip line to the cenote.

*Day 4 Drove from Tulum to PDC Car rental company was on time and made it easy to return the rental. Took a ferry from PDC to Cozumel the cheapest round trip ticket i found was 270 pesos.

*Day 5 We rented a JEEP in Cozumel from the renters that are by the shopping center to explore the Island. $80 dollars with insurance 1 day.

*Day 6 We did ATV tour with Wild Tours for $205 for 3 people 1 double and 1 single.

*Day 7 Cozumel back to Cancun. I was going to take the ADO back to Cancun. Spoke around and found a taxi to Cancun Airport for 900 pesos for 5 people. Drop us off right on the airport and back home we were headed.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Tulum
Tulum
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Coba Ruins
Coba Ruins
7,010 Reviews
Coba, Mexico
Cenote Zacil-Ha
Cenote Zacil-Ha
198 Reviews
Tulum, Mexico
Wild Tours
Wild Tours
1,103 Reviews
Cozumel, Mexico
Ado
Ado
610 Reviews
Cancun, Mexico
Cancun Airport
Cancun Airport
Cancun, Mexico
1 reply
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,646 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 7 Day Trip Cancun-Tulum- Cozumel Car rental ETC

Thanks for your post!

For another option, ISIS meets you at the airport with your vehicle at no extra charge and there is no extra charge for dropping in PDC since their office is there. The terminal meet up s a very convenient option for us since we’re hauling lots of stuff down to our home.

We did use Avant when they delivered to the terminal, but they no longer do, and ISIS has been better in price (and support for us).

If price point is most important, America is the cheapest, but you must use the “MXN” peso rate to get that better price.

Just another perspective!

Reply to: 7 Day Trip Cancun-Tulum- Cozumel Car rental ETC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted