We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

Washington...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

never been and there are so many resorts...I've looked on this site for reviews but again, I would like to know experiences and which one is your favorite...I'm looking to go in December.

thanks

All-inclusive hotels in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 219 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 hotels in Playa Paraiso
16 replies to this topic
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

What is our favorite might not be yours.

Please tell us what you are looking for in a resort so we can help you.

Are you a beach or a pool person? Do you need a lot of night life? Do you want a lot of activities or a quiet relaxing vacation?

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
1,016 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

Also, do you want an adults only, or are you bringing children and are looking for a family friendly resort. Are you limited to the town of PDC or are you okay going out a bit?

Great Smoky...
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
3,659 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

And ... do you have a budget in mind? Nothing worse than finding the perfect place then finding out it's outside your budget right?

Edited: 11 June 2018, 21:20
Washington...
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

Yes, like both beach and pool. Nightlife and activities are a must. Prefer adult only...budget for 6 nights all inclusive with air looking to spend around $2500 for 2...travelling 1st week of December.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
855 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

I'm not sure what the pricing is from where you're flying but below hotels have an adults only section and I wouldn't hesitate going to any of them. Keep in mind December is usually a more expensive month and adults only sections are usually more expensive. If you go below the quality of the hotels listed you may not like it. Not sure if you've been to AI type hotel before so I'm not sure what you'd be comparing to.

Iberostar

Secrets

Grand Palladium

Catalonia Royal Tulum

Edited: 12 June 2018, 03:22
Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Royal Tulum Beach & Spa Resort
Catalonia Royal Tulum...
8,041 Reviews
Xpu-Ha, Mexico
Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
25,126 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

Adult only, right in town - Royal Playa del Carmen. I don't know if this would be within your budget though.

Playacar is just south of Playa del Carmen and there are numerous resorts there but the only AI resort there that I'm aware of is the Royal Hideaway, which has a reputation for being very quiet, so I doubt that it will offer the nightlife you want and I suspect it will be outside your budget.

If these are both outside your budget, consider the Riu resorts - there are several of them in the Playacar area. The Riu Palaces are a step up from the regular Rius and, IMHO, worth the extra cost.

Happy researching!

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,736 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playacar Palace
Playacar Palace
347 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,089 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Playa Paraiso
Level Contributor
9,031 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

A good adults only AI resort will be tough to find with that budget. Adults only resorts tend to be more expensive.

Bonita Springs...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

You can easily do 6 nights at an upscale adults only with that budget flying from JFK and Tues to Mon the first week of December - I just checked Secrets Capri and the Royal Playa del Carmen on Travelocity and non-stop is about $2200 - there are lots of non-stops from JFK with various airlines. Now, flying on the weekends is more expensive and also gets more expensive the closer to Xmas you travel. I don't know if Apple Vacations or Funjet operate charter flights from the NY area. Maybe you'd be more comfortable using a travel agent - there are threads on this forum giving recommendatiions; 'tho I always make my own bookings and have done for many years.

There're lots of online travel websites to check prices - they can vary, even when owned by the same company. Don't forget to look for a discount coupon too:)

Mentioned in this post
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del...
17,736 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
New York
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

You should be able to find a resort within that budget fairly easy. Don't limit yourself to AO. The first week in December you won't find many kids at the resorts.

phila
Level Contributor
544 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen

We just BOOKIT for Royal Hideaway for 116.00 pp per night Sunday thru Saturday. Air from BWI at 327 round trip/pp transportation 110. stayed within your budget -- now i gotta add tipping

Mentioned in this post
Royal Hideaway Playacar
Royal Hideaway Playacar
5,089 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reply to: all inclusive in Playa del Carmen
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted