We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Rui Tequila

birmingham
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
Hotel Rui Tequila

Dear Tripadvisors

I am due to be at the Rui Tequila from 4tj July 2018 and wondered if anyone else will be there at the same time?

Also does anyone know how the refurbishment has progressed and will all be well by the first week in July 2018?

10 replies to this topic
Barnsley, England
Level Contributor
842 posts
27 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Hi Starfleet - if you join the Riu Tequila Playacar FB page you will see quite a few photos showing progression of the refurb - it is re-opening on 30th June and Riu are really good at opening on time

birmingham
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

thanks Anita

Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
3. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Hi Starfleet, we're staying over the road at the Riu Palace Mexico. Tequila opened yesterday, just been over for a look around and I don't think you'll be disappointed. Lovely open plan and modern reception, bar with separate cocktail bar and entertainment area. BIG sports bar!!

The only downside that one of our party noticed is it's all open plan, therefore no aircon in the reception/bars, but that wouldn't spoil your hols. Enjoy, it's really classy (although I don't know what it looked like before, I wouldn't be disappointed when I arrived for my hols)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
233 posts
32 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

the above Facebook page also has some videos on taken now it has re-opened , I 0ersonally think it looks gorgeous - yes it looks very much like the playacar hotel , but still.jas lots of greenery around the grounds, although I didn't see any coatis on the videos so am hoping there's still plenty of them around as we love watching them play

Barnsley, England
Level Contributor
842 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

joywill - it looks beautiful doesn't it and I agree with you I am so pleased they have kept a lot of the greenery and not made it look too stark

Kent
Level Contributor
7,516 posts
80 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Personally I don’t think it looks at all like the playacar, that’s white and turquoise and a lot smaller, the new tequila does look very nice but it looks like the bedrooms haven’t had much of a refurb as they still have the dark wood beds and furniture, bathrooms look nice tho, more similar to playacar. We visited tequila in dec from the playacar and it was time for a refurb, bit smelly around the bar/entertainment area, looks much better

Barnsley, England
Level Contributor
842 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Although they have kept the dark wood in the bedrooms, they have had a complete refurb - new lighting, fans,

mattresses, bathrooms, wardrobes, flooring, glass balcony etc.

birmingham
Level Contributor
98 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Thank you for that, flying out in 18 hours!!!! Can't wait.

Arkansas
Level Contributor
4,790 posts
28 reviews
9. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Starfleet, please give us a complete report on how everything is going at the updated RIU Tequila. We do want to return to Playacar and it is our favorite there.

Kent
Level Contributor
7,516 posts
80 reviews
10. Re: Hotel Rui Tequila

Anita 7, thanks for clarifying that, makes it more tempting

Reply to: Hotel Rui Tequila
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted