We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkeling in Cozumel?

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Snorkeling in Cozumel?

I am planning on doing a day trip from PDC to Cozumel and would love to snorkel while there. Is this something that can be done off the beaches in Cozumel or do I need a tour? If so which company would you recommend? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
3 replies to this topic
Cozumel, Mexico
Level Contributor
5,696 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkeling in Cozumel?

You can do both. For a tour, I would recommend Palancar Beach. Look for Ivan, he has the concession there. You can snorkel on your own at Playa Corona, SkyvReef, or Money Bar. (Dzul Ha)

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkeling in Cozumel?

Thank you!! :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
53 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkeling in Cozumel?

Day trippers to Cozumel usually do that 2 hour/3 stops snorkel tour. Pretty good as far as I can remember. Probably around $20 now. You can book it in PDC, on the ferry, or there are enough booth selling it once you arrive at Cozumel ferry. It goes out quite frequently. There are other boat tours, such as the 4-hr Cielo/Colombia/Palancar tour. Pretty much 3 hours on the boat since the locations are pretty far.

Shore snorkeling are usually further south. The Chankanaar park (8km, 140 peso taxi from centro) has nice snorkeling, but equipment is not included in the park ticket.

Mentioned in this post
Cozumel
Cozumel
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Hotel Cielo
Hotel Cielo
910 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Reply to: Snorkeling in Cozumel?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted