We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

London, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

Can anyone tell me what the difference between the Platinum suite and the Yucatan Suite is at the Grand Sunset Princess resort?? SO far from what I can tell the Yucatan is Adults only. Is this the only difference?? We are going there for our honeymoon and want to book with platinum suites. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Sunset Princess All Suites Resort
Grand Sunset Princess...
10,082 Reviews
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
Rosewood Mayakoba
Rosewood Mayakoba
#1 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#4 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Petit Lafitte
Petit Lafitte
#5 of 220 hotels in Playa del Carmen
Toronto
Level Contributor
336 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

hi brklyngrdnir~~if you do a search for "grand yucatan platinum princess" you will find 5 pages of posts discussing the differences. one of the main differences is that the grand sunset platinum suites are closest to beach whereas grand yucatan platinum suites are further back, but with the same amenities, and yes, adult only. there are some very informative posts by "ping" who was there recently in the grand yucatan suite.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

From the sounds of it, you get the same perks at both of them. Like the previous post mentioned, the Platinum rooms are in front of the beach, which means a 10-15 walk to the restaurants, and they're not adults only.

I believe that the Yucatan Platinums are the newer ones on the other side of the Grand Mayan, and some of them are swim out suites.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Riviera Maya
The Grand Mayan at...
4,294 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

I think I meant Grand Riviera, not Grand Mayan. Ooooops.

Mentioned in this post
The Grand Mayan at Vidanta Riviera Maya
The Grand Mayan at...
4,294 Reviews
Playa Paraiso, Mexico
Regina
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

I am here now I believe they are a on the reivera side but as junior delux I can only add the things you get extra. You get better liqor, conceierge so you can book what ever when ever and every restaurant on the property you seated with menus so you can choose ala carte or have buffet. Plus her is what I would like free wifi and private pool quite secluded sunny away from party pool. One more thing you can use the water facilities come and go. However like every one else you must pay for spa services. I have been here 9 days and inquired about up grading. junior delux is a large room we have two double beds together and two singles(boy and girl) each gets there own bed. So the main reason I wanted to upgrade was the liquor and the internet. I read blogs like some people read novels. Any ways we are comfortable and 90 a night was too steep. internet is plentiful and i think it was 69 or 79 for a week.

Regina
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

I meant to add perfect for honeymooners, Good luck I have seen at least two brides but no actual weddings. When we stayed at Sunset in Montego bay we must have seen a weeding eveyday all over the resort there were so many obvious sites for it but not here(9 days and 5 more to go)????

Mentioned in this post
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

Another difference is that the Platinum rooms closer to the beach have jaccuzzi's on the balcony and the Yucatan suites do not.

But the Yucatan have swimout rooms and the Platinum do not.

Mentioned in this post
Regina
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

LoL wedding, not weeding (while that is very common place there too).

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

I'll be at the Platinums later this evening. Looking forward to the jacuzzi on the balcony :)

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

luvsoda, I believe the Platinum (and most likely the Yucatans) get a 20 or 30 minute free spa/massage. Also both get the 2 extra restaurants, Le Fleur and the Fondu one, which I believe are near the Platinums. Also there's the Platinum Lounge which is available to the Yucatans too.

I think the free WiFi is only in the Platinum lounge, but there's a connection in the rooms for both suites.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yucatan Suites vs Platinum Suite @ Grand Sunset Princess

Luvsoda, how is the party pool? It's nice to have the option of the private pool, but I think I'll be spending some time at the party pool too.