We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new ADO bus station ??

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
85 reviews
Save Topic
new ADO bus station ??

last time i was in playa the ADO bus station was right close to the ferry dock. now the google maps are showing a new ADO bus station that is no where near there. i booked a hotel that is walking distance from the ferry and bus.now i am worried i am no where near the bus/ferry now. can anyone help with this.

LEAVING TOMORROW

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new ADO bus station ??

The old one is on 5th Ave...close to the ferry

There is a newer on on 20th I believe and several streets north of the 5th Ave station.

If you take the ADO bus from the Cancun airport to Playa del Carmen, you will go to the 5th Ave facility.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 06:13
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,417 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new ADO bus station ??

If you are using ADO from Cancun or the Cancun airport, nothing to worry about. Those buses still arrive and depart from the old ADO terminal on 5th.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: new ADO bus station ??

ok great. thx !!

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new ADO bus station ??

If you have not been there before, there are some useful pictures here

tinyurl.com/7m3r6

Edited: 19 October 2013, 08:14
Orillia, Canada
Level Contributor
440 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new ADO bus station ??

I will be taking a collectivo from the Barcelo Maya in Puertos Aventuras toPlaya Del Carmen and then taking the ado bus to Puertos Morelos to go snorkelling. Can anyone please provide details of how I would get from where ever the collectivo stops at Playa del Carmen to the bus stop in PDC where I would catch the Ado bus to PM .Am i correct in thinking that the Ado bus to Pm would leave from the 5th st station in PDC?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Puerto Morelos, MX
Destination Expert
for Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
3,920 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new ADO bus station ??

I am pretty sure that the collectivo will come into Playa close to the ADO station and yes the ADO station on 5th is where the PM bus leaves from., but it also picks up passengers at the new ADO station a few blocks north.

Edited: 19 October 2013, 21:21
Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,417 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new ADO bus station ??

I dont use colectivos but believe Frank is correct about the location. As he says, you can get the ADO for PM from either terminal.

Colo Spgs
Destination Expert
for Cozumel
Level Contributor
28,685 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new ADO bus station ??

The last time I used a colectivo, they were parked on Calle 2 between Ave 15 and 20. Look at the following map:

http://intheroo.com/map

If you zoom in enough, you will see a blue bus icon next to a green park in that location.

To get to the 5th Ave bus station, walk east on Calle 2 away from the back of the colectivo (Your back is facing the back of the colectivos as you walk).

Carefully cross two streets (Avenida 15 and 10).

The next "street" is 5th Ave. It is a pedestrian "street." Turn right. Walk one block and when you see the McDonalds on your left, the bus station is to your right.

If the colectivo location has changed, someone will correct me.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
44,417 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new ADO bus station ??

One bit of advice if you use the newer terminal on 20 to board the bus. They make a quick stop in front of the terminal to pickup passengers rather than pulling into the terminal. Be observant since they are not always announced. Also, they may pass the terminal if they fill at the 5th Av. terminal. Best to board there if possible.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
7,706 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new ADO bus station ??

You are probably aware that you'll need a cab or it's a long, long walk from the ADO bus stop to PM snorkeling area. But maybe you're a long walk person. Just a by-the-way.