We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can’t get refund from hotel

Can’t get refund from hotel

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

4 replies to this topic
Chilliwack, Canada
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
54,334 posts
1. Re: Can’t get refund from hotel
Save

IWhen was the full payment (the other 50% ) due. If its within 2-4 weeks, then both parts are due when you booked.

What is their cancellation policy. If it says, no cancellation within 2 weeks, then no refund.

So check these contract details before you phone.

2. Re: Can’t get refund from hotel

This post has been removed at the author's request.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Tulum
Level Contributor
8,949 posts
42 reviews
128 helpful votes
3. Re: Can’t get refund from hotel
Save

What's the hotel? And hotels all over the world have had robberies from time to time. I would imagine that shortly after such a robbery, security would be improved, better than it was prior. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it happening again, though I understand you have prior trauma.

Are you still planning to come to Tulum and just seek a different hotel? If so, I definitely wouldn't worry. Just go, don't bring anything of great value, and you should be fine! I generally use a Pac-Safe bag rather than the hotel room safe, just fyi. That way I feel a little better about my stuff. I can hide the bag, locked to a beam or bed frame, so even if someone can somehow figure out the passcode to the hotel safe, my stuff is separate.

1 post
4. Re: Can’t get refund from hotel
Save

Cancelled reserv on June 6 for a stay that was supposed to be from the 10-14. Holiday Inn Exp charged my cc on the 12th. Booked through Booking.com offered free canx, said I didn't need to do anything else. They are trying to say I did an adv purch, I didn't get a discount and IHG website offers free canx. it is close to 800.00 We canx as we were exposed to covid in Denver on June 1-2 didn't want to give it to my MIL who is 86. I called, emailed back in June & July. Two weeks ago after I posted comment on FB i finally got someones attn. The GM played the "I didn't see an email" card. Said she didn't know I called. I need my money back, disabled. Also no person should have this happen.

Reply to: Can’t get refund from hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2023 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Singapore. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.