We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

Ontario
1 post
Save Topic
Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

Information about the actual city of Tampico Mexico. Is there anything to do at nights, like are there any bars or clubs to go to. All I heard about is that it is a very industrilized city. Thanks

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

LOL..I have the same question..I'm also from Ontario and me an 2 buddies are heading down for a week starting on Feb 15.

us and mx
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

Hi, I don't live in Tampico but have been through there several times. They are a little in themountains and can have rain, lots of rain. The tempature is never REAL hot but huimd.

What are you trying to enjoy in Tampico?

I wish someone would tell me how to get through town without going into the central area and the devil road. We travel back and forth from the US by car and still cant get it right. The road wsigns are not the best.

Diwar

Toronto
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

I was in Tampico with 2 friends back in Feb (torontonians) do go into the city if u get a chance. It's not clean, but people are friendly though they don't speak english...even in the gov post office...buying stamps for sending post card was an adventure for me.

The market area's great for gifts.... remember to bargain with the shopkeepers!

Taking a cab? there are no seat belts inside those cars! a bit scary those roads aren't without potholes, and the driver it seems has the righ of way...so keep a look out!

Clubbing, there aren't that many. The one we went to was called Mandala if ur looking to dance don't go there. People don't dance in there they just sit/stand and drink pricey big gulp sized booze.

Enjoy!

FA

tampico - monterrey
6 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

hello i am a girl who lives in tampico, mexico and i'll try to tell you what goes on in the city at nights..

though it is a small city (it measures like 54 km) there is a lot to do; the best 3 nightclubs are called 'byblos', 'byblomania' and 'mandala'; there is plenty of restaurants that stay open until 1 or 2 am the restaurants i recommend are 'el papalote', 'kurai', 'oriental express', 'tgi fridays', 'sancho panza'... if you're looking for a bar i highly recommend 'crudalia' or 'sanborns', this last one is kind of bohemian, it is nice, i love it there... next to the bohemian bar there's a movie theatre in case you feel like watching a film or something... you also can go play pool at a place called 'mr. billiard'... the beach is great at nights, there's always people there, either drinking or dancing; there are two nice beach hotels that offer buffet or à la carte dinner

it is, though, and industrialized city but the industries and all that stuff is located on the outside of the city

that's all i can think about right now regarding the nightlife; if you need more information i'll be willing to help you

World
Level Contributor
4 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

Is there a good hostal or hotel around there? Not too expensive but also not too dirty?

Tampico
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

I would stick to the list here on tripadvisor, here is another good list. (www.zonaturistica.com/tamaulipas/tampico/). I don't think you'll find anything decent under 50 usd a night. I wouldn't stay anywhere with 3 stars or less.

any other questions lemme know I'm a local.

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

Not true. I've been to Tampico several times. You can find good lodging for under $30 a night. The hotels are in safe neighborhoods, clean, and have AC. Trip Advisor only directs you to your standard over priced American hotels. You can find could bargins locally without having to spend a lot. I often stay at the Hotel Posada Don Francisco. The rooms are clean, large, come with free cable, and have AC. I suspect our "local" works for trip advisor.

Tampico
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

sorry for replying one year later, haha

i guess i just forgot to check the "notify me by email when a reply is posted" box.

First of all, I must say I am not a trip advisor employee, haha.

I also would like to confirm my disbelief that you can find

a good place to stay for less than 50 usd (maybe now you can, but that's just because of the current exchange rate 14.50 pesos per dollar, but my point remains).

Maybe you could find very good bargains, but you need to be very familiar with the city, speak spanish, etc. As for the Posada Don Francisco, I can't find it in the yellow pages.

Vancouver
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

I was curious where would I find Telephone listings for businesses and people in Tampico?

Tampico
Level Contributor
11 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can ayone tell me anything about the city in tampico Mexico

There is the Mexican Yellow Pages

http://seccionamarilla.com.mx/

Get answers to your questions about Tampico
Recent Conversations