We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safest Hotel Areas

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Safest Hotel Areas

Hello everyone,

I may have to fly into Tampico tomorrow on short notice due to a family emergency. The last time I visited Tampico I was about 20 years old (16 years ago) and my dad did all the driving as he grew up there and knows the city. Can you please let me know where it is safest to rent a hotel? Close to the airport, zona dorada or on the beach? I will be driving a rental car and visiting family member in the hospital. Hopefully you can help.

2 replies to this topic
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safest Hotel Areas

Actually just got back to Tampico. Stayed in the Best Western Expo Metro next to the hospital. Enjoyed the city and hope to be back under better circumstances.

San Antonio, Texas
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Safest Hotel Areas

I just got back from Tampico. I stayed at the Hotel Inglaterra for US$43.00 or 900pesos breakfast included. It is right at the center of town. There is the Hotel La Sivilla for 600 pesos or $30US. And then there is the Hotel Residencia. I saw that offering 350 pesos. That sounds too dirt cheap to me.

Forget renting a car. The small taxis will take you across town for 50pesos or $2.50 US. $25 a day will cover 10 cab fairs. And you don't need to know your way around.

The Hotel Ingleterra was once US$100 a night back in the day.

Reply to: Safest Hotel Areas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tampico
Recent Conversations