We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

1 post
Save Topic
Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

We are deciding between these two over Xmas. Marina Sol is $1000 less expensive for the week. We are 2 parents with 4 college age kids. Want to walk to beach and nightlife. Pros/cons of both???

Cabo Party Fun
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours
6 replies to this topic
Saint James, New...
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
16,450 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

Marina Sol is not on the Beach. But it is right behind the Cabo Villas and a short walk to the beach, and a Shorter walk to town.

For $1000 take Marina Sol. You can park yourself on the beach bars which are 2 X 1 all day. They will give you loungers and shade free as long as buy some food or an occasional drink. Or just enjoy the onsite pool.

Edited: 23 February 2018, 11:15
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
32,359 posts
592 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

For the rate Marina Sol

Cabo San Lucas...
Level Contributor
5,793 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

Try redweek.com or myresortnetwork.com and you might find a cheaper unit at Cabo Villas.

Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,005 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

4 college age kids? Price difference, I say Marina Sol as well.Yes CV is right on the beach...but MS is just one block away and like Rocky said, beach lounge chairs all day with food/drink purchases.

Fresno, California
Level Contributor
2,372 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

Have not yet stayed at Marina Sol, only been to a birthday party there over 20 years ago. I am about to book it for this summer and from my research I found that the units can vary in quality. I'm going with Premier Properties as they seem to have nicer units from the reviews that I found. So far the response from Premier has been outstanding.

Pacific Northwest
Level Contributor
174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas

I've stayed at Marina Sol and love it. If the rate was the same I would personally still stay there, the grounds are well maintained with a very nice pool and courtyard. The units are very spacious, and they enforced the no lounge saving policy when we have stayed there.

That said, it is an older complex and some units can be quite dated so make sure the room you are staying in has been updated. They also do not tolerate excessive partying or noise.

Reply to: Marina Sol or Cabo Villas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted