We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

Phoenix, Arizona
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

Just tried to make reservations at Twin Dolphin and there is a recording on the toll free reservation line saying that they are permanently closed. Their website is still up advertising specials through the end of July. Anybody know what happened?

Escondido...
Level Contributor
848 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

Just a guess.............perhaps the property has been gobbled up by the group who is developing the Chileno Bay project (condos & marina).

Mentioned in this post
Chileno Beach
Chileno Beach
2,334 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

I have read it was being closed and yes-to become gobbled up in that project. :-( Sadly, part of an era is going to be gone.

st paul, mn
Level Contributor
3,754 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

X X

___

( )

me very sad also

Northern California
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

My wife, son, and I were just in Cabo San Lucas last week and all of the Twin Dolphin buildings have been demolished and removed. The driver of the car to the airport told us that the land will become part of the Chileno Bay project that will include 2 golf courses and residences. It was sad when we saw and heard this. My wife and I had many great vacations at the Twin Dolphin. Most times we never left the property.

We have not been there for several years due to the drop in service we had the last time we stayed there. The thing that really annoys us is that the owner (Halliburton jr.) inherited the Hotel from his father who build the hotel based on his grand vision. The son ran it into the ground instead of investing in it and/or getting off his large behind and working to make it as great as it once was. Then he sold out. He didn’t even have the decency to change the website to indicate what was going on, let alone thank the guests that lined his pockets for many years.

I wonder what happened to Hilary Connell. She was a fixture there and always did her best to make the guests stay the best possible.

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Chileno Beach
Chileno Beach
2,334 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
25,617 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

This is indeed sad news. It was one of the most luxurious and beautiful places in Baja for such a long time. Thank you for the update. :-(

san diego
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

My family is quite saddened as well as we spent many years there. Marcos, Hilary, et al were my extended family.

I sent Hilary an email when I heard the place had closed and never heard back from her. Rumor around the water cooler is that she took a job in La Paz... don't know if this is true or not.

Just another milestone in the transformation of Cabo from fantastic, quiet, Mexican beach town to tourist/cruise ship hell!

Thanks to the younger Halliburton for being such a freakin sell out, even after you looked my parents in the eyes and promised to never sell to a developer!

Mentioned in this post
La Paz
La Paz
Baja California Sur, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

The Twin Dolphin was closed and torn down almost a year ago now. I was there shortly before that and it was looking pretty seedy.

It is not part of the Chileno Bay project. It is a separate property and construction is well underway. It will be resurected as the super posh Montage Resort. It appears that they are probably two years away from reopening.

Mentioned in this post
Chileno Beach
Chileno Beach
2,334 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
8. Re: Hotel Twin Dolphin Closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 18:22