We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

I have been searching the threads and reading about the different booze/sunset cruises. Vey time consuming and I'm really not getting all the information that I want. Basically I'm ready either it's a party or it's more mellow.

I suggest we put it all here in one post! Let's give information such as:

*Average age you see on the cruise

*Maybe give your age when you took the cruise to give us a bit of a reference

*Appetizers or food provided,

*Types of alcohol (brand beer and what kind of mixed drinks,)

*price and coupons if you know

*What type of fun-Party, romance, mellow

* type of music and games

I would find this so helpful since I'm being soooo indecisive! Thanks in advance for help you're willing to give!

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
214 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

This would help me too-

Thanks!

Veggie

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
227 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

I'll be happy to help.

We took the Tropicat Jazz Cruise.

- Average age of participants ......I'd say 38

- Me and Mr. are both 42

- Appetizers (cheese/crackers/veggie/dip/)

- Name brand booze and lots of wine choices (can't give you more than that, as I was the designated sitter and the Mr. is the designated getter).

- I think it was $48 per person. If I'm off, I don't think its by much.

- Mellow crowd, very romantic, great staff

- Jazz music, no games, just a heck of a view

Campbell, California
Level Contributor
845 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

My wife and I took the Buccaneer Queen Sunset Whale Watching Cruse in January and it was great fun!

*Average age you see on the cruise: +/- 32

*Maybe give your age when you took the cruise to give us a bit of a reference: 47

*Appetizers or food provided: Just snacks: Nachos, Veggies, Dip and a few other things

*Types of alcohol (brand beer and what kind of mixed drinks): Didn't look. The drinks were good. I had a few margaritas and the beer was on tap.

*price and coupons if you know: $40.00 or so

*What type of fun-Party, romance, mellow: Definitely a fun party!

* type of music and games: I can't recall exactly. Basic party music and games with a pirate theme.

My wife and I had a great time. In some way it reminded me of a fraternity party for adults. I would definitely recommend the Buccaneer Queen cruse for a good time.

Mentioned in this post
Buccaneer Queen
Buccaneer Queen
405 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Glendale, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,703 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

SunRider - 2 hour sunset dinner cruise.

Average age was late 30's

Our age group was 9-77 (hubby and I 30's & 40's)

A full dinner was provided - carnitas, tortillas, baked potatos, sour cream, guacamole, chips, beans, etc. it was very very good.

Sunrider had a full bar - all inclusive - I didn't get beer brands or check to see if they were using premium liquor in the mixed drinks.

We did a timeshare presentation and our tickets were $32.00 - regular price is $45 - kids 10 & under are free.

It was a fun cruise, light partying. They stopped after sunset and had dancing, macarena, and a few other popular songs, then they did the tequila shots where they put a big sombrero on anyone's head who wanted a shot and poured tequila in their mouth :) Only a hand full of people lined up for that - maybe 3. So, it wasn't an over the top thing.

No real games, just a very relaxing fun cruise with a great service staff that would help you up the ladder / stairs with your drinks & food plates. The food was much better than we had expected.

http://www.sunridertours.com/home.html

Jill

Stroudsburg...
Level Contributor
3,243 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

My wife and I did the Tropicat Jazz cruise and we had a great time. They served mostly finger foods plus salads beer, wine, mixed drinks and great music. I would say the average age was about 38-40. You can get discounted coupons for Tropicat on www.loscabosguide.com then look into discounts. The price of the jazz crusie is $98.00 per couple so if you but the vouchers you get 35% off the total cost which brings the price down to $65.00 which is a good deal.

Hollywood, ca
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

We did the Jungle Boat Booze Cruise

*Average age you see on the cruise

mid 30s? It was September/October, so no college kids

*Maybe give your age when you took the cruise to give us a bit of a reference

early 30s

*Appetizers or food provided,

nada

*Types of alcohol (brand beer and what kind of mixed drinks,)

buckets of lethal but yummy punches, beer, tequila, beer bongs, shots

*price and coupons if you know

about 35 bucks, coupons are available online

*What type of fun-Party, romance, mellow

crazy drunken party! We were pretty drunk, but we were the soberest people on the boat by a long shot, only because we have already learned our lesson on beer bongs and shots of cheap tequila. 75% of our boat mooned the Pirate ship cruise, the lady next to me flashed the Pirate ship (she was way old enough to know better), and some woman practically molested the poor guy handing out the tequila shots and beer bongs

* type of music and games

fun reggae/party music. Drinking games. go on this cruise if you want to get really drunk and party

Because it's a pontoon boat, you do get close to the Arch than any of the bigger ships, and there are no obstructed views.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
85 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

This is a great start but I know more of you have great input! :o) Let's have it!

waunakee, Wis
Level Contributor
152 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

I am bringing this to the top because I am interested in a sunset cruise with appetizers.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
51 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

Just back last night. Took TROPICAT Jazz/Dinner cruise Wed. 9/19. Cost is $49 full price. We got vouchers which made it $32.50. When we got there took Time Share Tour of CABO VILLAS and got 8 hours fishing for $100 and Tropicat for $10 each for 4 persons. They had great appetizers and all the normal drinks, it was a great smooth ride. Have fun

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
940 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Booze Cruises and Sunset Cruises Once and For all!

Last July I took the Pez Gato BOOZE CROUSE. And it was all that. LOUD pop/rock music, dancing and all the booze you could guzzle. No food, not even a chip. No food left more time to drink and dance. It was a real hoot. It got pretty wild, happy wild, a lot of skin and smiling faces. Nothing nasty, but you wouldn't want to take the kids. The age ranged from 18( or 21, what ever the min age is ) to 60. I wasn't the oldest, but close. However age didn't matter. We all had a really fun time. I think it lasted a couple hours. We just cruised up and down the coast drinking and dancing. I may do it again.