We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Cabo, just a few questions

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New to Cabo, just a few questions

We have never been to Cabo San Lucas but we are going on Feb. 7th for a week and have a few questions.

1. How much approximately to rent a car for a day or two?

2. How much for some of the excursions such as the sunset cruise, snorkeling trip, or day time sightseeing?

3. How safe is the town?

4. Any other recommendations of must do's? We are in our 50's and traveling with our 23 yearold daughter?

Thanks for your help

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
64,597 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

1. Your resort should have a rental agency on-site. This is probably the easiest way to rent. A basic car will be $70 - $90, I think. Dominic will deliver a car to your resort & pick it up later, or allow you to leave it at the airport parking lot, but he has a 3 day minimum rental policy. DominicLosCabos.com

2. A past thread about Booze Cruises & Sunset Cruises with basic info: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k13868… You can walk all over town for your own sightseeing.

3. Very safe. Use your regular caution ~ don't wear $$$$ jewelry, don't fill your wallet with wads of cash, leave your passport in your safe.

4. Enjoy Cabo. Walk. Go to Gordo Lele's for tacos & a Beatles song. Have fun!

Other thoughts....

Don't tip taxi drivers for a basic ride. They charge a high enough price.

Trappers List of restaurants: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k21900…

Wiki Map: wikimapia.org/…2

Other maps: helmbrechtsonline.com/Cabo/Cabo_maps.html

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

>1. How much approximately to rent a car for a day >or two?

I can deals on the Internet for $300 to $400 for the week including insurance. For 1 or 2 days, expect to pay much more.

>2. How much for some of the excursions such as the >sunset cruise, snorkeling trip, or day time >sightseeing?

Expect $50 to $100 per person depending on the activity.

>3. How safe is the town?

Very safe. Don't wear expensive jewelry, don't carry lots of cash on you, carry only one credit card at most.

>4. Any other recommendations of must do's? We are >in our 50's and traveling with our 23 yearold >daughter?

There is lots to do. Everything is fun. Just follow your desires.

PLEASE, DO tip the taxi drivers. These guys don't own their own taxis and are working for pretty much minimum wage. The taxis are owned by wealthy mexicans who own some of the hotels and restaurants that people recommend on this forum. I don't get it, be a cheapskate to the guy who is making minimum wage but spend a wad of dough at the restaurant or bar of the guy who is making all the money on the taxi.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
265 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Use the search bar on the top left of the forum page. Just type in what info you want and you'll get pages of responses.

Also use websites like loscabosguide.com

Yes it's safe, just use common sense.

There's lots to do from zip lines to ATV, golf, etc etc.

Have fun. We will be there from 2/6-2/15. Where are you staying?

Burlington...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

SnowKitty99

We are flying to Cabo on the 7th as well are you flying out of Toronto?

This is our first time to Cabo and we are very excited, I've read lots of good things here on tripadvisor. I can't wait to go whale watching.

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Thanks to all for the info. Hey bognorrocks. Glad to hear there are some fellow canadians in Cabo. We fly air canada on the 7th at 10:00 am. We are staying at the Tesoro. That's right in town, not fancy, but hopefully there will be no snow!!

cabo san lucas
Level Contributor
2,191 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

don't worry, if i see snow here, then i will run for president

PRINCETON
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
9,975 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Guaranteed there are plenty of Canadians there right now and no snow. If you do see snow, then I'm thinking you had too much to drink.

Caboticket for Prez.....guess we're going to have to wait on that one!!

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Trenton, Ontario, awsome, I lived there in the mid 70's. Is the "Community Gardens" rink still there??

I'm off to Cabo on the 5th, can't wait.

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Farmer33: Yes the community gardens is still there, but there is two ice pads now and it is totally renovated. We're you in the Air Force stationed in Trenton? What resort are you staying at? I can't wait to get away from this weather. Guess you guys have had a pretty bad winter too. Hope you enjoy your vacation and maybe we'll see you on the beach!!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

I'm originaly from Thunder Bay, Ontario. I know the snow and cold. I go to Cabo a couple of times a year and love it. The best marlin fishing anywhere! We have stayed at the Tesoro last April and it was great. You can't beat the location. On the marina behind the Tesoro check out Solomons' and Baja Cantina dockside. You can't go wrong with those restaurants! The Azul restaurant downstairs in the Tesoro is very nice also. When you check in ask for a roomby the elevator as it can be quite the walk if you are on a floor away from an elevator. The fiesta night is also pretty nice too! Have fun and take lots of picures! :)

Larry