We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New to Cabo, just a few questions

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New to Cabo, just a few questions

We have never been to Cabo San Lucas but we are going on Feb. 7th for a week and have a few questions.

1. How much approximately to rent a car for a day or two?

2. How much for some of the excursions such as the sunset cruise, snorkeling trip, or day time sightseeing?

3. How safe is the town?

4. Any other recommendations of must do's? We are in our 50's and traveling with our 23 yearold daughter?

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

My dad was in the military back in the days where they moved us every 3 yrs.

I lived the Community Gardens. Thats where I REALLY lived. Tell the the "Tudor" is still there.

I am spending the 1st night at the Tesoro and the rest of the trip at the Fiesta American. Can't wait/

Mentioned in this post
Tesoro Los Cabos
Tesoro Los Cabos
2,156 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Thanks Larry for the good tips. I guess you would know snow living in Thunder Bay!!! Although I'm sure in Min. you get your fair share of it.

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Farmer 33, I'm not sure what the Tudor is, so I guess it's not here anymore. We moved to Trenton in 1988. You should wear an Oilers shirt and I'll where a Leaf's shirt, that way we can spot each other. Although, this year I'm sad to say I'm not very proud to wear it!! Cheers, Cathy

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
339 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Tudor...the plane.

I'm actually a Leaf fan but I am bringing My Green 'Rider jersy down there!!

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Stupid me!! I thought you were talking about a bar or something!! Oh course it's a plane!! They have a really nice Airforce Museum on the base, so the tudor is probably there.

I will keep and eye out for the riders jersy.

Northern California
Level Contributor
24 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

We got home last night... waaaaaa. We rented the little red nissan from Dominic for $290 cash for the week. It was SO great to have our own car, and I do NOT believe you'll find a deal anywhere near that price because insurance is usually such a rip off. Everyone else has given great advice for your other questions. Last week we thought Cabo was rather quiet. Our favorite "fancy" meal was at Alexanders at the Marina. We had Tuna Flambe cooked at our table and it was truly amazing. The price was high, but the service and qualtity of the food were worth it. We recommend going to Carnitas Michoacan for lunch (and you can take it back to your room for snacking). They sell carnitas (pork chopped up-- sort of like pulled pork) and all the fixings with tortillas. It's amazing! They're at the corner of Leona Vicario and ??? I already forgot! All taxi drivers will know! Have fun...

Mentioned in this post
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Burlington...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
17. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Snowkitty99

We are also on the air canada flight maybe we'll see you at the airport!!

Trenton, Ontario
Level Contributor
74 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Six more sleeps and here comes the sun!!! My husband, Daughter and I will be the ones with the biggest smiles on our faces. My daughter and I are 5' nothin and my husband is quite short and very round!! LOL

Wisconsin,Michigan...
Level Contributor
1,660 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

We (also in our 50's) went to Cabo a few years ago with our 23 yr. old son. Stopped at El Squid Roe for night life and it was wild in there. Loud music, girls dancing on tables, waitresses selling shots, my son loved it. We also enjoyed it since we hadn't seen that kind of action in a while. Great Fun.

Mentioned in this post
EL SQUID ROE
EL SQUID ROE
644 Reviews
Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Cabo San Lucas
Cabo San Lucas
Los Cabos, Mexico
Burlington...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
20. Re: New to Cabo, just a few questions

Snowkitty99

Okay will look for you. We are also 3, myself, my husband and my mother. We too will have big grins on our faces. My mother is not hard to miss as she has white hair.

6 more sleeps.