We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Status of road work?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
Status of road work?

What is the current status of the road work in Cabo? Is there a completion date?

Oh wait were talking Mexico - so do they think it will be completed in 2009? I am trying to get an idea of the situation for May '09. Thanks.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
1. Re: Status of road work?

Still a mess. Should be finished "soon." May, 09? Quien sabe?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,893 posts
2 reviews
2. Re: Status of road work?

that's what I thought.

Is the road out in front of Cascadas/Rose still being used as the main road?

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
3. Re: Status of road work?

But of course!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
981 posts
51 reviews
4. Re: Status of road work?

I dodnt know anything about roadwork. Can someone tell me what they are doing? We are getting a rental, staying at Cabo Villas and I guess I should preplan.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
5. Re: Status of road work?

They are putting new infrastructure (sewer, water, and drainage) down the main drag in San Lucas. Roads are all torn up and things have been a traffic nightmare downtown for several months. Traffic has been detoured around the construction and you feel like you are like a mouse in a maze. Street in front of Cabo Villas is all torn up. I was just there. You can get to the front entry, but it is a mess.

I love Mexico - never a dull moment! Suerte

New Jersey
Level Contributor
981 posts
51 reviews
6. Re: Status of road work?

Thanks for the info. I will email Cabo Villas-I wonder about parking. I think they built the tower ont their former parking lot.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
7. Re: Status of road work?

They have a dirt parking lot with security right across from the entry. I parked there. They will be able to accomodate you.

Kingsburg...
Level Contributor
279 posts
8. Re: Status of road work?

We are driving to Playa Grande....will we have a problem going thru town??? I will be returning the car to the National Car Rental across from the PEMEX in town...will that be a problem also? Thanks

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
9. Re: Status of road work?

No, you should not have a problem going into town. The problem is getting out of town. There is a circuituous detour to get out. Just follow the car in front of you and let the games begin!

Just stay calm and be patient, it is funny.

10. Re: Status of road work?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 08:17